Got up to a few things actually , I ended up swapping my ABIT BF6 mobo (450 mhz 256mb ram) for a ASUS P3B-f 1.04.
The ASUS had a 800 mhz 100 fsb pentium 3 with 384 mb of ram.
I figured it would be kind of dumb because I heard some horror stories of windows nuking itself after a motherboard swap.
Luckily aside from windows having to reinstall the drivers again it all went off without a hitch and I managed to migrate seemingly okay ,
might have helped that the mobos were very similar and I kept all the rest of the configuration the same expansion card and storage wise.
I'll need to do some more tests but so far so good.
My amiga tank mouse that I had wasn't working on the X axis after checking that the amiga was fine and after measuring the resistors realized that they were fine and it couldn't be that ,
so I figured it must be the photosensors.
I did some more research and found a YouTube video where the poster explained that the sensors could fail and how to open up the clip holding them in and what model to replace them with.
It turns out there was an ebay seller near me who sold them so I could get them very soon and for cheap but they were all precut and the legs were on the short side. So I ended up finding some old scrap leds and cutting the legs off them and after much swearing and shouting managed to solder the legs on to extend them , one of the legs was a bit on the loose side solder wise but I managed to put the rotating light slot back in and the sensors and very carefully soldered them back in and reassembled the mouse.
I loaded up a mouse test program on the amiga and amazingly even with my dodgy hack repair job the mouse was suddenly working.
Had a bit of fun after that playing some lemmings , cannon fodder and hired guns so the mouse is working for the most part though the left click is a bit dodgy , I might replace the crappy Bremen metal caps for some microswitches at some point.
But yeah I'm glad I can play a few mouse games now , and I've got a game pad on the way so hopefully then I can play most stuff.
My Gravis gamepad also had weird drift issues , after opening it I figured I might try rotating the contact pad and reassembling , somehow that fixed it maybe I didn't line everything up the last time I opened it for cleaning.
Anyway I had a pretty productive 2 days I'm glad I got a lot of stuff working , seems like most of my gear has been bodged or fixed in one way or another.