Today I did some general MS-DOS tinkering, as in, I moved some files around and organized a few directories a little better.
Otherwise, I know people who live on the same street as the house I will soon go to view, so I went to look at their house to get a general idea. It appears my supplied dimensions were incorrect or else I did my math incorrectly (which is entirely likely). It barely exceeds half the size of what I have now and that includes the half-assed extension they made to the kitchen - those things need to be outlawed. The problem is, where do I draw the line on this? I mean, it's not like I'm going to get another house like the one I have now, that's a given, but I don't know where to draw the line on what to give up. From either angle, I have to lose out because I lose space, lose my lovely solid walls and lose money because wherever I end up the rent will be substantially higher. By this point i'm sick of it, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Part of me thinks I should have just kept the place on Bilton Grange and given up then and there - of course, that would have been a bad idea because it was a terrible neighborhood and I was repeatedly robbed anyway so rejecting it really was the right decision, but house-wise I honestly don't think there is anything better in the area, I think that kind of crap is literally the best this city has left at this point and my street is probably the last row of half-decent houses left. If I refuse this property I only have one left before they choose one for me and I have no choice in the matter.
At least it's a better neighborhood I guess and the houses aren't identical, so I'm not totally decided against it yet. Maybe I'll get there whenever they call me up to go see it and it will be great. Only time will tell I suppose, I'm just sick to death of this whole ordeal though.