Started rebuilding my Slot 1 build (P3 650MHz, Soyo SY-6BA+IV) as I didn't like a few choices I previously did:
1. PSU - cheapo LC-B400ATX (although I will admit, I spent quite a few days rebuilding it, but the wires are still crap.) I had around. Granted, it's been rebuilt into a safe 250W PSU, the wires started irking me, so it's gonna finally get a rest and get replaced by a more refined LC-B400ATX that had its wires redone from a dead Thermaltake PSU and has much beefier components (I would've gone with a 300W FSP but the near lack of Molex (nearly SATA only) + no AC rocker switch made me choose another B400ATX over it)
2. Casing - same company that did the PSU, but at least it isn't as ungodly sharp as other crappy cases I've come across, so it stays, albeit with a few modifications to the front panel.
3. Drives - I still can't wrap my head around the fact I used only a 10GB + 2x40GB IDE drives (HPT366 controller btw, board is kinda similar to ABIT BE6 for layout) so will probably bump them to 1x40 + 2x80GB, assuming that the board doesn't have any 32GB cap on the main BIOS, and 64GB for the HPT366 (if there's any cap on the HPT366 to start with). More storage = more games and apps.
4. RAM - didn't want to reach 512MB, but will probably take a shot, despite my plans of targeting it as a 9x machine.
5. GPU - originally had a 3dfx V3 3000, but will go for either a GF2 Pro 32MB or a AIW Rage Pro Turbo 8MB.
6. ODD - an ASUS DRW-1814BL DVD-RW. Probably the best choice I've done for the ODD. Maybe add another MSI DVD burner just for the sake of it. Both drives are beige btw.
7. NIC - generic RTL8139D, nothing special, just enough to browse a few old websites.
8. Audio - will switch to a PCI Sound Blaster 128 until I can save enough money to recap my old trusty CT2770 SB16 Value with some new audio-oriented caps, because I'm 100% certain the actual caps are as dry as the Sahara desert.
Pretty much that's a few of the issues I have to address.
Main PC: i5 3470, GB B75M-D3H, 16GB RAM, 2x1TB
98SE : P3 650, Soyo SY-6BA+IV, 384MB RAM, 80GB
Milennium : P2 266, Zida LX-98AT, 256MB RAM, 10GB+20GB
2k: Duron 750, Totem TM-S730LMR, 256MB RAM, 40GB