VOGONS

Reply 20 of 21, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Some questions....

(1) based on this picture, this server case supports a 3.5" floppy drive and two DVD drives on its face, am I correct? I need three openings on the case's face, because I'm going to have a 3.5" floppy drive, a CD ROM drive, and an ejectable CF to IDE adapter.

(2) what is the minimum power supply for a system which has both GeForce 6800 GT and 3dfx 5500 PCI on it?

(3) thing like 1200w 3U PSU exists, doesn't it?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 21 of 21, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not sure if I can use 3U server case at all. Voodoo5 5500 has its molex power connector at the top end of the card, Diamond MonsterSound MX300 has its CD audio input connector at the top end of the card. Wouldn't forcing those cards into 3U case, with all those cables connected, bend those cables to the breaking point?

And yeah, new video cards like GeForce GTX 280 has its power jack at the top end of the card. What the worst could happen if we force such cards into 3U rackmount case?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.