VOGONS

First post, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

In order to get 133MHz FSB on Asus P2B-DS i need to complete a process that OCs the AGP bus (PCI is stable at 33MHz).
The setting overclocks the AGP bus to 89MHz (opposed to 66MHz).

How does Voodoo 5 5500 handle overclocked AGP bus? Does it impact it in a very negative way, or is it safe?
I have upgraded the coolers (75%) on my Voodoo 5 5500 : image (High quality copper coolers with memory heatsinks, Titan)

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 2 of 9, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I will be playing Unreal Tournament 99 and Half Life + Mods (CS, BS, OF).
By rocks you mean performance will be great, or performance will be different from one application to another?

Reply 4 of 9, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Now that I can understand 😁
The fans are 4300RPM, 12.25 CFM , 23dB. Still need one more, but i will need to modify it a bit so it can fit because of the capacitors.

Reply 5 of 9, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Stojke wrote:

Now that I can understand 😁
The fans are 4300RPM, 12.25 CFM , 23dB. Still need one more, but i will need to modify it a bit so it can fit because of the capacitors.

Those Titan copper coolers work a treat! I use the same cooler on my Voodoo 3. Looks like you shouldn't need to modify anything to make the 2nd cooler fit. Might just have to push it to the right a couple of millimetres to clear the capacitors on the left hand side of the gpu.

Here's a link from a guy who's done a similar mod to his Voodoo 5500:

http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3068

Reply 6 of 9, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah if i possition it on the center it can not fit because of hte caps (who are a few mm closer to the chip than on the 1st one).
I saw this image: Titan VGA cooler mod

So i guess i could remove two columns and place it the same way.

Reply 7 of 9, by anthony

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Your radiators is not efficient, consider of this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminium-Adjustable- … =item1c3139cd5a

There is copper model exists too. And couple it with noctua 40mm fans.

Reply 8 of 9, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
anthony wrote:

Your radiators is not efficient, consider of this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminium-Adjustable- … =item1c3139cd5a

There is copper model exists too. And couple it with noctua 40mm fans.

The problem with this Heatsink is that it has a height of 27mm + the 25mm for most fans so you're going to end up losing use of possibly 2 PCI slots.

Reply 9 of 9, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, its too bulky for something like this. I dont think Voodoo 5 needs any specially efficient coolers, i think even those titan ones are overkill.