VOGONS

Reply 21 of 21, by MaLLy_R

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Zee wrote on 2021-02-22, 23:39:
I realize I'm half a decade late to this thread, but windows 98 is more than two decades old, yet we still talk about it. I got […]
Show full quote
PhilsComputerLab wrote on 2015-05-22, 12:14:

BX300A, could you please attach the BIOS and driver that you used to one of your messages?

Thank you.

I realize I'm half a decade late to this thread, but windows 98 is more than two decades old, yet we still talk about it.
I got it working and thought I should share the files and exact steps here.
Maybe it helps you or whoever else is looking for this.

My model is from Delock, so I downloaded the bios and bios updater tool from here : https://www.delock.de/produkt/70154/merkmale.html
The bios file I used is b5403.bin because that is the one that doesn't contain RAID instructions
I copied the bios file and UPDFLASH.EXE to the windows 98 machine, opened msdos and traveled to the directory where the exe is
The command I used is

updflash b5403.bin -a -d -v -ID3114 -r script.txt log.txt -u

Press enter a few times when it asks, and after a bit the bios should be updated
Restart windows 98 and it'll ask for new drivers on start, just install the one that works out of the bunch that exist online, for me it was I think the one on delock site, it auto installed since I had previously tried a bunch of them 😁
At that point device manager should see the hard drives connected to the card, and the applet that it installs in control panel should also be working now

I'm running tests now, I see it has DMA. Might come back to post results if people ask

I Tried this method on my card but whole process stops on "loading bios..." what seems to be a problem?
The card has a AM28F010 memory chip, is it a problem?

Please help.
Anyone...