VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by ram1009

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SPBHM wrote on 2015-12-27, 18:26:

I have the 4.0 software (downloaded from some website, I don't have the CD), it seems to be from 1999 it's for win9x but it works (most of it) on windows XP, as far as I know there is no native XP driver for it.

I have looked everywhere for that disk. I'd be eternally grateful if you could upload it to your google drive and send me a link at: ram16@cox.net Thanks.

Reply 21 of 23, by SPBHM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ram1009 wrote on 2020-05-06, 04:31:

I have the 4.0 software (downloaded from some website, I don't have the CD), it seems to be from 1999 it's for win9x but it works (most of it) on windows XP, as far as I know there is no native XP driver for it.

I have looked everywhere for that disk. I'd be eternally grateful if you could upload it to your google drive and send me a link at: ram16@cox.net Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ol5BUJoONnK … fSYPzbWZxB8faUg

I think this is the version of the software that I used.

Reply 22 of 23, by ram1009

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SPBHM wrote on 2020-05-06, 06:32:

Thanks very much for this. This appears to be the "force feedback" version. Does that sound right to you? It's important to me because I haven't bought the hardware yet. I was afraid I would never find a disk owner and figured it was much less likely to find both disks. I do have a machine running XP so I should be able to test the installation process. BTW, I have several Sidewinder Dual Strike controllers with disks if you ever need one. I've discovered the Dual Strike disk is even more rare than the one I just downloaded. I don't understand why someone hasn't updated the drivers to work with modern OSs. I'd do it myself if someone would show me how. Anyway, thanks again.

Last edited by Stiletto on 2020-05-10, 05:58. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 23 of 23, by SPBHM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ram1009 wrote on 2020-05-06, 07:37:
SPBHM wrote on 2020-05-06, 06:32:

Thanks very much for this. This appears to be the "force feedback" version. Does that sound right to you? It's important to me because I haven't bought the hardware yet. I was afraid I would never find a disk owner and figured it was much less likely to find both disks. I do have a machine running XP so I should be able to test the installation process. BTW, I have several Sidewinder Dual Strike controllers with disks if you ever need one. I've discovered the Dual Strike disk is even more rare than the one I just downloaded. I don't understand why someone hasn't updated the drivers to work with modern OSs. I'd do it myself if someone would show me how. Anyway, thanks again.

the wheel that I used with this drivers is the SideWinder Force Feedback Wheel USB,

Last edited by Stiletto on 2020-05-10, 05:59. Edited 1 time in total.