VOGONS

First post, by max1024

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi to all! I’m looking for BIOS for my Socket4 Dataexpert EXP8054 rev.1.0 board on OPTi 82C546 (Python). But can’t find it, can somebodys helps me with it. On amoretro.de I find Biostar MB-1500PCT-A board which is also have(OPTi Python chipset), so I can try to flash BIOS from Biostar MB-1500PCT-A to Dataexpert EXP8054 if I will aslo find it.
Thre is the fofo of my board.
s_1454698588_5277925_f05008fd59.jpg

My articles: overclockers.ru/search/result?searchStr=max1024&sec=articles

Reply 1 of 19, by BastlerMike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Can't help with the original bios, but I had this mainboard running years ago with Shuttle HOT-523 bios installed.

Attachments

• Filename
    523.rar
    File size
    107.13 KiB
    Downloads
    63 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 19, by max1024

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

BastlerMike
Many thanks,I'll try to flash bios, hope thi problem was in it. After flashing write there about it.

Reply 3 of 19, by max1024

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I have flashed downloaded bios, but motherboard would not boot, on POST code C6. I need more suitable bioses. Dataexpert corp. is dead official site via webarchive.org is empty for my bios 🙁 Can somebody help me to find something suitable?

Reply 4 of 19, by max1024

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have found Supermicro SUPER P54CT on same OPTi (Python) chipset, but can't find bios on that link http://treiber.de/download-treiber/Supermicro/SUPER-P54CT/ another bios from P4SGE :0

Reply 6 of 19, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just keep looking and maybe you will get lucky, if all else just wait until another socket 4 board pops up. Some of us often wait years before getting the chance to get or fix some things :s

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 7 of 19, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Are you certain your board is actually in working condition?

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 8 of 19, by max1024

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Anonymous Coward wrote:

Are you certain your board is actually in working condition?

Yes board is in working condition. There are some cut roads, but they are go to the for empty controller, so they do not affect on the working.
There is the link http://www.filedropper.com/exp8054 on downloading corrupted bios. Inside 2 copies differ for 1 bite. Bootblok is destroyed.

Reply 9 of 19, by max1024

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can somebodys help me with hte list of motherboards on OPTi 82C546 (Python) chipset? Socket4 or socket5, especially with Phoenix BIOS.

Reply 10 of 19, by max1024

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

still looking for...
P.S I'm looking for alternative motherboard on Socket-4 on SiS chipset, may be somebodys have it and ready to sell or exchange on smth retro?

Reply 11 of 19, by max1024

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have also try DFI 586OP (OPTi Python) with Award BIOS, but it does not fit. Stop on code 0x06, does not see memory.

Reply 12 of 19, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just put it old your shelf for a while until something comes up, some of us got projects that have been in progress for years and that board you got isn't going to one that will be finished for a long time. You will have to find a donor board or another one just like it to get the bios.

You need to salvage another board that has a Phoenix bios rom to match the one you are trying to fix. Once you do get it working make sure to back up the rom.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 13 of 19, by waybacktech

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have been looking for a replacement BIOS for my socket 5 opti chipset vlb board, and the 2 files here I am going to try. Opti chipsets, at least these old ones, I don't know about the Viper set, are a bit crude in that I have ran 386, & 486 isa/vlb bios files and they do work, to an extent. Interesting the ISA only bios files will not work with a VLB card. Quite interesting. My issue has been it doesn't detect the memory above 5MB, which is due to the bios I have been trying. Anyway the question I have for max1024 is, have to made sure the bios chip you are flashing to is the same size as the bios file you are flashing? If you have a larger chip than the bios file is, then you have to double up the bin file, or more, before you can flash it. You didn't state how you were flashing this bios, but you should be using a hardware bios flasher of some sort to properly replace all of the bios code.

Reply 14 of 19, by max1024

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Now all is Ok ))
s_1508576529_7041830_e81b445413.jpg
s_1508576527_5880847_e52389ac72.jpg
By the manual it is possible to put 1 Mb of cache http://www.uncreativelabs.de/th99/m/C-D/33538.htm but on free space possible to install 2 mb? Is it real? But I don have such 1024k cache cips.
P.S. After all I desided to sell it on amibay.

Reply 15 of 19, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, 2MB cache is real.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 18 of 19, by max1024

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
amadeus777999 wrote:

Could you post a speedsys score/screenshot?

I took it all in and folded it into the box. So sorry can't do this. The idea was to put WinXP on IT, but it was not possible for me, and I decided to sell this non ordinary board.