VOGONS

Reply 20 of 27, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

How long is a piece of string?

a string is usually 65535byte, so that would make it 196605 bit long for to answer your question kind sir

Reply 21 of 27, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ElBrunzy wrote:
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

a string is usually 65535byte, so that would make it 196605 bit long for to answer your question kind sir

AND that was your 256th post 🤣

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 22 of 27, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

AudioPCI actually had both the MIDI to FM remap and later an attempt at OPL3 emulation. The latter came in with the SBPCI cards IIRC. A new DOS driver. Sounds a bit less terrible.

Soundcape cards all do the ear bleed inducing remap.

Reply 23 of 27, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PhilsComputerLab wrote:
ElBrunzy wrote:
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

AND that was your 256th post 🤣

Do I have to yell "LEVEL" in the chat channel as it was accustomed in a mud or mush ?

Reply 24 of 27, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
swaaye wrote:

AudioPCI actually had both the MIDI to FM remap and later an attempt at OPL3 emulation. The latter came in with the SBPCI cards IIRC. A new DOS driver. Sounds a bit less terrible.

Soundcape cards all do the ear bleed inducing remap.

a problem may arise if you have real hardware that can play the music but your soundcard software try to emulate and disable it.

Reply 26 of 27, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
swaaye wrote:

Interesting. Is that new DOS driver compatible with any of the other cards?

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 27 of 27, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

FM and wavetable synthesis are completely different technologies. Comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges.

I think oranges dont have an edible pulb and them interior is more like juicy alveolars, unlike apples which have thin skin and a munchy interior. Also I like to remind everyone to keep focus on the thread topic.

-- seem I cannot help myself from being the smart ass in this channel ...