VOGONS

First post, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

I bought a Audigy a ways back and completely forgot how crappy sounding these cards were, complete junk from a sound stand point. and the drivers are not much better... if it were not for the dos support and EXA I toss it.

Anyway does any one know of any short of software equalizer I could use with the card and windows 2000?

Thankyou.

Reply 3 of 13, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
synrgy87 wrote:

Other than the creative one, I don't know of any.

There is no real one in the drivers. Just a room equalizer.

synrgy87 wrote:

although i don't use it for music, just games.

nor do I, there junk from a sound standpoint, they do have a lot of need things that do make them stand out.

Reply 6 of 13, by Tommaso

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is a Sound Blaster Live 5.1 much better? I have a SB Live 5.1 in my XP rig and just found an Audigy EAX card and was thinking it would be better to use that in place of the Live card, but now I don't know. Anymore ifo would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Tommaso

Reply 7 of 13, by Kodai

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know you are looking for a software solution, but have you considered finding onw of the old drive bay EQ heads? Here is an example:

http://www.telecommander.com/pics/links/audio … erequalizer.htm

I've got an old NEC digital one that works very well for 2, 2.1, and 4 speaker setups. I bought it back in '97 or '98 and its white so it doesn't look right in a modern case, but it works fine. I still see these units pop up on ebay and craigs list from time to time. Might be worth keeping a lookout for one as you don't need to worry about dealing with one more app.

Reply 9 of 13, by his.lordship

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Kodai wrote on 2016-10-07, 06:20:

I know you are looking for a software solution, but have you considered finding onw of the old drive bay EQ heads? Here is an example:

http://www.telecommander.com/pics/links/audio … erequalizer.htm

I've got an old NEC digital one that works very well for 2, 2.1, and 4 speaker setups. I bought it back in '97 or '98 and its white so it doesn't look right in a modern case, but it works fine. I still see these units pop up on ebay and craigs list from time to time. Might be worth keeping a lookout for one as you don't need to worry about dealing with one more app.

HI,

I found your post and was wondering if you could help.
I image you are refereing to NEC MIFGML3387 i have one unit but no manual.
Do you have the manual for this unit? Are we suppose to connect passive speakers
directly to backplate? I was wondering if you could give me some tips. I mean i have mostly doubts
regargin the input/output, the small cable that also comes out the unit similar to cdrom analog audio
cable do you have any information on it? Is it the input output?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• MIFGML3387-lg.jpg
    Filename
    MIFGML3387-lg.jpg
    File size
    12.34 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 10 of 13, by Digidreamer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I use a old version on 98

https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audi … er-Studio.shtml

May help.

I Like Charity Shops, they're like steam and GOG but cheaper.

Windows 7 - HP730 Air cooled, 8Gb, GT1030
Windows 98se - Wyse V10LE 1.2Ghz, 1 Gb, 16Gb SSD
Windows 98se - Compaq Evo 550d SSF, P4 2Ghz, 1Gb, 60Gb(Partitioned)
Dos 6.2 - HP7510 512Mb, 4Gb

Reply 11 of 13, by his.lordship

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Digidreamer wrote on 2021-11-03, 21:26:

I acquired one of this cool looking things maybe a couple years ago and would just like to put it to work in a 486 build but don't see any inputs on the back plate. Also found this post https://fulcrumiq.tripod.com/NECTheater.htm. Maybe its missing some board. I pretty positive the thingy 3 pin cable its the input, but to connect where? Maybe in some old proprietary nec sound card, i dont know. Anyway the thing looks awesome and when i find the time will sure do some experiments. But thanks anyway for your article 😀

Attachments

• eq.JPG
    Filename
    eq.JPG
    File size
    1.63 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 12 of 13, by Digidreamer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There's a cable missing, looks like a stereo jack According to a Russian site piccie, so guessing line in, may be connection to headphone socket

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    Filename
    cable.jpg
    File size
    6.46 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

I Like Charity Shops, they're like steam and GOG but cheaper.

Windows 7 - HP730 Air cooled, 8Gb, GT1030
Windows 98se - Wyse V10LE 1.2Ghz, 1 Gb, 16Gb SSD
Windows 98se - Compaq Evo 550d SSF, P4 2Ghz, 1Gb, 60Gb(Partitioned)
Dos 6.2 - HP7510 512Mb, 4Gb

Reply 13 of 13, by his.lordship

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Digidreamer wrote on 2021-11-04, 11:29:

There's a cable missing, looks like a stereo jack According to a Russian site piccie, so guessing line in, may be connection to headphone socket

Yes, thats kind of what i imagined . Thanks 😀