Reply 20 of 21, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MMaximus wrote on 2023-01-09, 19:22:
mtsiakiris wrote on 2023-01-08, 11:51:

Hi, is anyone still interested?
I own this motherboard and I am trying to bring this back in life. There is a manual too, I can share more pics, just pm me.
Thanx!

Does yours work at 4.77Mhz speed? I used to own a similar board but never found the setting to disable the 10Mhz turbo mode.

the acer m1101 samples the turbo button on reset, and sets the speed only on reset. Changing the state of the button while the machine is running does nothing.
There is also an io port you can write to set the speed. I think it is 0xE0, unsure. the acer m1101 is likely a relabeled UMC part, for which a partial pdf can be found which contains the relevant data.
ofcourse, if your mainboard doesn't have the correct crystals, none of this info might be useful.

I'll see if I can find the relevant pdf

edit :
UM82C088 is the chip
change speed port is 0xC0, any write will do.
read status port is 0xE0, bit 7=speed, bit6 ? , bit 5&4 = ram size (11=256, 10=512, 00=640) , lower bits usage not indicated

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 21 of 21, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mtsiakiris wrote on 2023-02-27, 12:23:
Doornkaat wrote on 2023-01-08, 12:41:
I think it would be best if you could scan the whole manual and upload it in The Retro Web project - a better stason.org/TH99 al […]
Show full quote
mtsiakiris wrote on 2023-01-08, 11:51:

Hi, is anyone still interested?
I own this motherboard and I am trying to bring this back in life. There is a manual too, I can share more pics, just pm me.
Thanx!

I think it would be best if you could scan the whole manual and upload it in The Retro Web project - a better stason.org/TH99 alternative
Thank you for your initiative! 😃👍
(Also sending you a pn as you requested.)

Hi again, trying to upload the manual in PDF, but exceeds limit of 5MB. So, sharing a public url here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_vYxBMdSYJ5_ … ?usp=share_link

Thank you! 😃👍