VOGONS

First post, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Any one know were I can get a I/O cover for a MSI k9nd ? Or one that close to it?
501866a.jpg

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 8, by Ampera

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I suggest unless your having problems to not even bother.

My next suggestion if my first doesn't work is to buy a blank I/O plate and cut it yourself as people will stick you for specific parts like that.

Btw, nice board.

Reply 2 of 8, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

I was thinking about making one. I never been a fan of going with out one.
There is to big of a gap in the I/O, a small critter or large amounts of dust could get into the system far to easily without one. Its for a server setup that will run 24/7 so I want it to be done right or as close as I can.

Reply 3 of 8, by Kodai

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Use a strip of aluminum duct tape over the back of the case. Then use an exacto knife to cut out the IO area. It will be more than sufficient for stopping dust and insects, as well as blocking RF leakage. The only thing it won't do is provide an extra ground point. Very minor if the mobo and PSU are installed correctly.

Reply 5 of 8, by Rhuwyn

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-I-O-IO-SHIELD-FO … 4wAAOSwGYVXCa6F

Here is the closest one that I saw. You'll have to cut out the LAN ports and block everything below it with tape or something

Reply 6 of 8, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
Rhuwyn wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-I-O-IO-SHIELD-FO … 4wAAOSwGYVXCa6F

Here is the closest one that I saw. You'll have to cut out the LAN ports and block everything below it with tape or something

Very close indeed. But not close enough. The 2 holes between the ps/2 and usb posts look abit to wide.

Edit. Yep there too wide. That bottom one is a dvi port.

Reply 8 of 8, by beastlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
JidaiGeki wrote:

This came up in another thread ( Installing a proprietary AT motherboard into an ATX case ) about making a custom one for an older motherboard.

What tools can we use to punch these connector port holes out of a thin sheet of steel like this?