VOGONS

First post, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Was there ever any 478 or 423 boards that were AT. I recall seeing a socket 478 board that was AT, but it may had been something else.
I kind of always wanted to put together a SK423 system in a AT case.

Reply 1 of 12, by Oldskoolmaniac

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dont know? But i remember seeing socket 3 AT motherboards with ddr. They where special boards for industrial purposes and ran windows 2000 and some ran a custom dos os.

Motherboard Reviews The Motherboard Thread
Plastic parts looking nasty and yellow try this Deyellowing Plastic

Reply 3 of 12, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Imagine a really fast p4 in a gateway 2000 case running windows XP with the classic theme and 90's wallpaper. That would look so gorgeous !

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 10 of 12, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Imagine if some company today made a socket 1151 or AM4 motherboard in the AT form factor, that would be nuts 🤣

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 11 of 12, by deleted_Rc

User metadata
Deksor wrote:

Imagine if some company today made a socket 1151 or AM4 motherboard in the AT form factor, that would be nuts 🤣

Imagine getting a PSU for that 🤣
But seriously a mobo with only usb/thunderbolt is the future (sound over a pci-e card instead on board) so AT could make a comeback in a sense. Alot of possibilities.

Back on topic, i like the idea of at p4 build as a sleeper in a old baby at case with water cooling.

Reply 12 of 12, by Oldskoolmaniac

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jade Falcon wrote:

socket 3 and ddr? Now that's odd, sure it was not 370?

Nope it actually had 1 ddr slot and 4 other slots for EDO and had a 486 on it the dos program they had needed to be slowed by a 486, but it needed a ton of ram.

Motherboard Reviews The Motherboard Thread
Plastic parts looking nasty and yellow try this Deyellowing Plastic