VOGONS

Old hardware giveaway thread.

Topic actions

Reply 762 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ok guys. A slight reset. I forgot to mention in this latest giveaway a reminder I do not pay international shipping. Way too expensive. So U.S. addresses shipping is free, but not international shipping. My bad.

So once again...

Prize: Mint copy of Armour-Geddon for the PC. Used only once. Complete in box. Released by Psygnosis in 1991.

First one to answer this correctly wins the prize: How many gas masks are visible between the time marker 1:10 and 1:15 in the new Sonic the Hedgehog trailer?

https://youtu.be/FvvZaBf9QQI

Armour-Geddon PC.jpg
Filename
Armour-Geddon PC.jpg
File size
1.47 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 772 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
pico1180 wrote:

Incorrect. There are 4. 2 clearly being worn. 1 partial obstructed being worn. 1 being held. All dudes in the Tybex suits.

Nice catch! Check your PM.

In other news, all world problems have been solved because...

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-0 … e-says-director

Reply 773 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Found this battered, but not broken GeForce 256 DDR 32MB video card at a recycle center. It works! It is missing its mounting bracket and HSF. The HSF is an easy fix, but finding the proper mounting bracket might be more of a challenge. Either way, since it is working just fine as far as I can tell, I thought I would offer it up here since these cards can be a trick to find cheap.

Strictly sticking with number games from here on. It's boring, but reliable for me. I only ship to U.S. addresses at no cost. International shipping you have to cover. Too expensive.

Choose a number between 256 and 300. First correct guess gets the card. You can guess every ten minutes.

GeForce 256 DDR.jpg
Filename
GeForce 256 DDR.jpg
File size
1.46 MiB
Views
File license
GeForce 256 DDR Post.jpg
Filename
GeForce 256 DDR Post.jpg
File size
685.27 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 776 of 1217, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I already own two 256 DDRs so I'll pass up, but I wish I hadn't missed the Armour-Geddon giveaway, that was a very unique game on the Amiga, whoever got it, enjoy 😀

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 777 of 1217, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 779 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
appiah4 wrote:

I already own two 256 DDRs so I'll pass up, but I wish I hadn't missed the Armour-Geddon giveaway, that was a very unique game on the Amiga, whoever got it, enjoy 😀

I actually bought that game over at the Goodwill auction website new in box strictly to archive it's contents for Moby Games as many of the docs and paper materials were missing from the DOS entry. I urge anyone who has boxed copies of games to check Moby Games for their titles and scan any materials that might be missing. Preservation of these games in any form I think is important as we start to move towards streaming only gaming which wont be able to be preserved easily. Mobile gaming is having that problem already. Games disappear forever with very few records of their existence. Sad IMO.

Jasin Natael wrote:

I have one of these, but mine artifacts and gets super hot very quickly

Well, hopefully this wont. I only tested it as far as post and a few basic DOS tests as I did not want to run it any longer since the cooler is missing.

Last edited by liqmat on 2020-09-23, 14:19. Edited 4 times in total.