VOGONS

Old hardware giveaway thread.

Topic actions

Reply 900 of 1200, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Finally wrapping up clearing out my storage unit and thought I'd offer up what's left if anyone is interested. All is in new or mint condition. Video games have been opened so I could remove the batteries before I put them into storage.

Can you find the furry friend who is hiding from a stray cat I rescued recently? First to circle our frightened friend and post it gets the leftover stash that is pictured. Free shipping in U.S. only.

Note: No animals were harmed in this production. 😀

Find our furry friend:

palm_friend.jpg
Filename
palm_friend.jpg
File size
1.03 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

The stuff:

stuff.jpg
Filename
stuff.jpg
File size
1.02 MiB
Views
File license
analyzer.jpg
Filename
analyzer.jpg
File size
1.04 MiB
Views
File license
Last edited by liqmat on 2019-12-03, 09:44. Edited 4 times in total.

Reply 901 of 1200, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Squirrel?

Attachments

• here.gif
    Filename
    here.gif
    File size
    1.31 MiB
    Views
    File license

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 903 of 1200, by henryVK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

On my way to work I found this Pixelview Geforce 2 Ti (AGP with TV-out) kicking around in the rain. Superficially dirty, fan is stiff, otherwise it seems okay but I haven't tested.

Is this worth anyone's time for the price of shipping? Card is in Cologne, Germany.

https://www.electromyne.de/Graphics-Cards-AGP … -64MB-W-TV.html

IMG_0805.JPG
Filename
IMG_0805.JPG
File size
1.82 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 904 of 1200, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Received the package. I'd send a message, but, Discord is down.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 906 of 1200, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Haven't posted in this thread in awhile since I am currently separated from my hardware stash due to family obligations. I just received a refund from GOG because I had preordered the new Descent, which got pulled from GOG, and the release date is now up in the air due to possible legal troubles. I have way too many games stashed up right now so thought I would offer up some free games to the Vogons community.

I am gifting three GOG games (one per person) that is under $2 (hint: Legacy of Kain series games and "Wizardy 8" and "Wizardry 6+7" are all on sale and under $2 as an example) to the first three people that reply "taken" under this post. Then just PM me the game you want and your email so I can gift it to you. Cheers!

Reply 907 of 1200, by fitzpatr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
liqmat wrote on 2020-05-12, 19:16:

Haven't posted in this thread in awhile since I am currently separated from my hardware stash due to family obligations. I just received a refund from GOG because I had preordered the new Descent, which got pulled from GOG, and the release date is now up in the air due to possible legal troubles. I have way too many games stashed up right now so thought I would offer up some free games to the Vogons community.

I am gifting three GOG games (one per person) that is under $2 (hint: Legacy of Kain series games and "Wizardy 8" and "Wizardry 6+7" are all on sale and under $2 as an example) to the first three people that reply "taken" under this post. Then just PM me the game you want and your email so I can gift it to you. Cheers!

Not taken!

I've benefited from your generosity before, so I will not be greedy. I just wanted to say that you rock, liqmat!

MT-32 Old, CM-32L, CM-500, SC-55mkII, SC-88Pro, SC-D70, FB-01, MU2000EX
K6-III+/450/GA-5AX/G400 Max/Voodoo2 SLI/CT1750/MPU-401AT/Audigy 2ZS
486 Build

Reply 909 of 1200, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Last month I bought a rare 386 Dell pc from ebay. It arrived with a loose hard disk inside, which had damaged the motherboard and this sound card (I was not happy, especially considering the rare hardware):

download/file.php?mode=view&id=91351

It may or may not be repairable. It has a couple damaged capacitors and more importantly one or two legs of the OPL3 chip seem to be damaged (it's very hard to see, so I'm not sure).

It's free if you collect it. I can ship it, but then you will receive an invoice for the costs. PM me if you're interested.

Attachments

• 68745423444.jpg
    Filename
    68745423444.jpg
    File size
    1.06 MiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 910 of 1200, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wow I have one and would like another CT1600 but am afraid the shipping would cost me more than my interest+fixing it. The Yamaha chip looks ok to me but the caps and transistor near the 14.384 xtal looked bad.
Do you have any idea of cost of shipping to USA ?

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 911 of 1200, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Horun wrote on 2020-09-03, 01:32:

Wow I have one and would like another CT1600 but am afraid the shipping would cost me more than my interest+fixing it. The Yamaha chip looks ok to me but the caps and transistor near the 14.384 xtal looked bad.
Do you have any idea of cost of shipping to USA ?

The transistor is actually ok.

Unfortunately I don't ship it to the U.S.A. (too much fuss with customs forms for me).

Last edited by SpectriaForce on 2020-09-03, 15:12. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 912 of 1200, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nice repairing project, if still available, i wil gladly take it.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.

Reply 913 of 1200, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SpectriaForce wrote on 2020-09-02, 23:09:
Last month I bought a rare 386 Dell pc from ebay. It arrived with a loose hard disk inside, which had damaged the motherboard an […]
Show full quote

Last month I bought a rare 386 Dell pc from ebay. It arrived with a loose hard disk inside, which had damaged the motherboard and this sound card (I was not happy, especially considering the rare hardware):

download/file.php?mode=view&id=91351

It may or may not be repairable. It has a couple damaged capacitors and more importantly one or two legs of the OPL3 chip seem to be damaged (it's very hard to see, so I'm not sure).

It's free if you collect it. I can ship it, but then you will receive an invoice for the costs. PM me if you're interested.

It's reserved for Deksor.

Thanks for all the interest.

Reply 914 of 1200, by hwh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am impressed. Looks like almost everything found a home, how nice.

liqmat wrote on 2018-09-19, 16:07:

After cleaning up my work area I found this. Found this at a thrift store, cleaned it up and tested. Works fine as far as I can tell. Takes one AA and one 9V battery. Nice classic look to it. Includes manual and box (box is shrouded in tape). PM me if you want it. This will be the last hardware giveaway for a awhile from me. I've cleaned out everything I need to for right now.

meter.jpg
meterbox.jpg

Ooh, I love that. My dad has one like that.

Reply 916 of 1200, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have some stuff I am wanting to give away.

Rules:
1. You pay shipping.
2. I want to know what you plan to do with said hardware.
3. You must be an active member. No noobs grabbing stuff to just throw up on eBay.

First we will start off with no less than 7 desktop computers. One per person please unless nobody else shows interest.
I will make one post per computer so it is easy to keep them separated.. plus there is a 5 picture limit per post.

Unless otherwise noted, the HDD has been securely wiped. I do have the Dell OEM Windows images and probably CDs available though I would have to track down the physical CDs.

Last edited by cyclone3d on 2020-11-26, 07:34. Edited 2 times in total.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 917 of 1200, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

First up is a Lenovo ThinkCenter M52. CPU is a Pentium IV - 3.0Ghz with 3GB RAM and an 80GB HDD which has a fresh factory install.
It has one PCI slot and a weird looking PCIe slot that apparently is only for some special card as the slot only has small portions open.
I will include the factory restore CDs and DVD if you want them. I also threw the images up on archive.org - https://archive.org/details/ThinkVantage-Resc … -and-Recovery-3

The motherboard has 2 leaking capacitors and I had to have a desk fan blowing on the motherboard to keep everything cool enough for it to not start having issues. This thing runs super hot with the case closed. I suspect the motherboard should have all the capacitors replaced.

ThinkCenter_M52_Front.jpg
Filename
ThinkCenter_M52_Front.jpg
File size
243.2 KiB
Views
File license
ThinkCenter_M52_Open.jpg
Filename
ThinkCenter_M52_Open.jpg
File size
340.9 KiB
Views
File license
ThinkCenter_M52_Capacitors.jpg
Filename
ThinkCenter_M52_Capacitors.jpg
File size
239.08 KiB
Views
File license
ThinkCenter_M52_Back.jpg
Filename
ThinkCenter_M52_Back.jpg
File size
380.97 KiB
Views
File license
Last edited by cyclone3d on 2020-11-26, 07:40. Edited 3 times in total.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 918 of 1200, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Next up is a Dell Dimension E510. There is one leaky capacitor near the RAM slots. I only tested this to POST.

Dimension_E510_Front.jpg
Filename
Dimension_E510_Front.jpg
File size
49.13 KiB
Views
File license
Dimension_E510_Open.jpg
Filename
Dimension_E510_Open.jpg
File size
453.95 KiB
Views
File license
Dimension_E510_Back.jpg
Filename
Dimension_E510_Back.jpg
File size
119.47 KiB
Views
File license
Last edited by cyclone3d on 2020-11-26, 07:23. Edited 2 times in total.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 919 of 1200, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Third is an Optiplex 760. Motherboard looks good. Only tested to POST. Has a Pentium Dual Core CPU. I should have at least 1 HDD tray I will include.

Optiplex_760_Front.jpg
Filename
Optiplex_760_Front.jpg
File size
93.07 KiB
Views
File license
Optiplex_760_Open.jpg
Filename
Optiplex_760_Open.jpg
File size
293.16 KiB
Views
File license
Optiplex_760_Back.jpg
Filename
Optiplex_760_Back.jpg
File size
146.17 KiB
Views
File license
Last edited by cyclone3d on 2020-11-26, 07:26. Edited 1 time in total.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK