VOGONS

First post, by jaZz_KCS

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello there!

I am sitting here in a pile of the innards of three vintage laptops, doing some diagnostics and trying to check everything and I ran into a dead end.

I cannot find the drivers necessary for getting PCMCIA support in DOS for my Toshiba Satellite 200CDS (superb condition btw!. These Toshibas really age decently.)

PCMCIA support works out of the box in Win95/98 as promised by both the manual and the Toshiba Support/Drivers page for the 200CDS.
But I cannot for the life of me find the driver's package for the Socket Services file needed for DOS support via Cardsoft. The Cardsoft standard installation package tells me that - although it identifies the chipset of the PCMCIA controller (Intel Intel 82365SL) - It doesn't have the file necessary for continuing the installation process.

According to the manual the needed drivers file came preinstalled via the old TDOS (Toshiba DOS 5.0), which I've checked, it isnt in there as far as I could see. I've searched high and low.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Reply 2 of 3, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Add the following lines to your config.sys:
device=c:\cardsoft\SS365SL.EXE
device=c:\cardsoft\CS.EXE
device=c:\cardsoft\CSALLOC.EXE c:\cardsoft\CSALLOC.INI

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics

Reply 3 of 3, by jaZz_KCS

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah the hard part was to figure out that the file I would need was the SS365SL.EXE, that is not shipped with Cardsoft 3.1.
I have since DL it and managed to get it working by putting it into the CARDSOFT folder on the install diskette. When placed in this folder, Cardsoft successfully finds the file during installation and adds the neccessary lines to the Config.Sys file by itself.