First post, by user33331
Hello ( Thermal paste brands of Asia = China )
This paste buying caused me a lot of questions:
- What brand names you use that are proven good ? (Is "Arctic silver"-brand(=pure silver 99%) same as all pastes ? Is the high price justified or is it just branded expensive ?)
- Is it true that some pastes act like a glue and are difficult to remove later ?
- What means "contains no silicone" in pastes ?
- Will >10+ years old thermal paste really become ineffective ?
+ Have you bought any cheap Asian thermal pastes(ebay.com) and are they good ? Do they contain harmful materials like lead, heavy metal pollution, asbestos, glass fibers or such unthinkable toxic mixtures ?
Also how to remove the old paste from the CPU or GPU does it differ ?
What kind of solvent do I need to buy ?
-> Chinese used processor sellers have always extensive hairline scratches and such on the cpu's lid. Do they use steel wool or why such hairlines ? Are they necessary or can they be avoided ?
Do I have to renew old thermal pads ? Do they get old also ?
- I have found these rubbery pads in graphic cards on top of the memory.
- Any good thermal pad brands to buy ?