VOGONS

First post, by Almoststew1990

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everyone

I am looking at a joblot of attic clearance computer stuff soon and I get the impression the seller does not know much about them. I am particularly interested in the top two PCs. The top one- is the DX logo a giveaway that it has a Intel DX CPU in it (so that makes it a 486? - this era of PCs is far from my strong point!) The second - any ideas?

The third one down I am going to assume is a P3 or P4 Dell, the one below t hat is a P3 or P4 HP I reckon. Probably earlier given the HP CRT monitors. Then a Black / purple P4 HP, with a mystery PC next to it, and possibly a bit later HP at the very left foreground.

D1HsZnc.jpg

Ryzen 3700X | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | AMD 6800XT | 2Tb NVME SSD | Windows 10
AMD DX2-80 | 16MB RAM | STB LIghtspeed 128 | AWE32 CT3910
I have a vacancy for a main Windows 98 PC

Reply 1 of 5, by SteveC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What DX logo? There's an IBM logo on it! I'd say that was Pentium/Pentium II - used to have them at work many moons ago (late 90's). The black Dell is more like a P4, the white one (also Dell?) below that is probably P2/P3. No idea on second one down or the black one on the left.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/StevesTechShed
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SteveTechShed

Reply 2 of 5, by SW-SSG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SteveC wrote:

What DX logo? There's an IBM logo on it! I'd say that was Pentium/Pentium II - used to have them at work many moons ago (late 90's).

Yes, this one is probably an IBM PC 300PL or 300GL... so P-MMX or P-II based.

The fourth one down might be a custom build in an Enlight case, so likely something ATX. That Dell (not HP!) tower at bottom-centre should be P4-based.

Reply 3 of 5, by Almoststew1990

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well that's melted my mind a bit- In the picture in my post I can only see DX and it appears to me to be quite clearly an X at the end, but when I google image searched IBM 300PL, the PC is the exact same one but it clearly shows "IBM" where the DX is in that picture... 😒

Ryzen 3700X | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | AMD 6800XT | 2Tb NVME SSD | Windows 10
AMD DX2-80 | 16MB RAM | STB LIghtspeed 128 | AWE32 CT3910
I have a vacancy for a main Windows 98 PC