First post, by britain4
I have a socket 7 board that won’t POST despite trying literally everything. Fans spin up but no beeps and no video. I successfully reflashed the BIOS in another system yesterday but it’s still not working so as far as I can see the only fixable thing left that it could be is the caps.
None of the caps are showing any visible signs of being bad... but it’s a board that’s been sat for many years so I wonder if they could have just dried up to the point where it’ll no longer POST?
I don’t mind doing it but if it’s an outside chance it’ll work given that the caps don’t look bad (and they’re Rubycon units not the no-name ones) I won’t waste the time over it
- AMD K6-II 400MHZ, PCChips M598LMR, Voodoo
- P-MMX 233MHz, FIC PA2013, S3 ViRGE + Voodoo
- PII 400MHz, MSI MS6119, ATI Rage Pro Turbo + Voodoo2 SLI
- PIII 933MHz, ECS P6IPAT, Voodoo5 5500
- Toshiba Libretto 110CT, 300MHz, 96MB RAM