VOGONS

First post, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK4M8dv4NNU

There is some nice stuff still in there for grabs should anyone fancy themselves to go for a dive and will be open for about a week.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 1 of 6, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh man... I was getting itchy and felt my blood pressure going up just clicking through a few random sections of that video. I don't think I should watch that. I'm on the opposite side of the globe and could picture myself leaving my sanity at the door digging through boxes for days and days there.

I think I have a problem.

EDIT: Watched a bunch of it anyway... really awesome place! Mostly really obscure stuff shown in the video, but wow... what a collection. The amount of computer related information in book or digital format stored in that building is mind blowing.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 2 of 6, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I laughed when he got to the PDP 11 Engineering Schematics and started scrambling like a squirrel on a bird feeder trying to get to them. Classic EEVblog.

I'm on the other side of the ocean from this, probably a good thing. 😜 Looked like some interesting stuff there.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 4 of 6, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was going to head down today, but my wife is home so that killed off the notion of bringing home junk for storage, even temporarily. Will see if they are still open early next week. Sad that everything in this town is being razed for apartments 😢 can't help but feel these guys could have been a bit more proactive though, could have saved more, more quickly.

Reply 5 of 6, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

checked price for ticket back home.....damn it!
did send a email to my brother though!!!