VOGONS

First post, by GiSWiG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I came across this card and I can get it cheap, I'm just wondering if it is something special about it or is it a waste of money. My research is inconclusive. I've attached pics but the chips I see on it are all Crystal, CS9233-CQ, CS4232-KQ and CS4112-CS.

Here are some pics of it, sorry if they are a bit fuzzy

1.jpg
Filename
1.jpg
File size
185.1 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
2.jpg
Filename
2.jpg
File size
127.04 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Steamer/GOG-er: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.7GHz all cores | Mushkin 8GB DDR3 RAM 1333 w/ 6-6-6-18 1T | Dual AMD Radeon HD 6850s in CrossFireX | X-Fi Titanium | Dual-boot Windows XP and Vista

Reply 1 of 6, by GiSWiG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I decided to get it but I can't seem to find a good set of drivers for it. I've gotten what I can find which is a few zip files. I do still need to test them.

Does anyone know what happened to Reveal Computer Products? I found that Creative tried to assimilate them into the "Creative Collective".

What I do know is that this is a SC500 Rev. 3A-1 P/N 21-008-018 might have either been part of a CD-ROM drive & sound card bundle, sold separately as a SoundFX WAVE or both.

Thanks for any info!

Steamer/GOG-er: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.7GHz all cores | Mushkin 8GB DDR3 RAM 1333 w/ 6-6-6-18 1T | Dual AMD Radeon HD 6850s in CrossFireX | X-Fi Titanium | Dual-boot Windows XP and Vista

Reply 2 of 6, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

Never owned one before, but the name sounds familiar. I looked through my floppy boxes and found these:

mesiuFkh.png

I made images of all 4 floppies a while back and can post a Dropbox download link if you want them 😀

Unfortunately I don't have any prior experience with Reveal sound cards so I cannot help you any further. As for Reveal itself, they went bankrupt in 2001 and from what I can recall Creative did try to buy them out, but pulled out of the deal.

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 4 of 6, by 33oldnew

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
JayCeeBee64 wrote:

Never owned one before, but the name sounds familiar. I looked through my floppy boxes and found these:

Can you send the images

I have a similar one, not installed yet, but downloaded some data.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AugvqnHnc3lFg8EIk7Rg_esBjRMN2A

Reply 5 of 6, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

Alright then, here's the download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p669xv0skwwcbs6/Rev … 0_Rev3.zip?dl=0

The ZIP file has 4 disk images and 2 readme files.

If anyone wants to upload them to Vogons Drivers, feel free to do so.

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 6 of 6, by GiSWiG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
JayCeeBee64 wrote:
Alright then, here's the download link: […]
Show full quote

Alright then, here's the download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p669xv0skwwcbs6/Rev … 0_Rev3.zip?dl=0

The ZIP file has 4 disk images and 2 readme files.

If anyone wants to upload them to Vogons Drivers, feel free to do so.

Those images match the zip files I found but yours are confirmed official. I'll see how they work this week hopefully.