Topic actions

Reply 60 of 98, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

v1.1 patched for 2400 baud / 19200 baud

yeah just have problems with several fingers on both hands.. 😒 pretty bad

Last edited by matze79 on 2021-01-03, 18:35. Edited 1 time in total.

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 62 of 98, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I was hoping to get v1.0 patched for 2400 baud. For some reason, v1.0 had a lot less pointer lag at lower baud rates compared to v1.1.

Something like celecoxib may help [EDIT: talk to your doctor - VOGONS != webmd]

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 63 of 98, by Madowax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
feipoa wrote:

[edit: our posts crossed. Let me read matze79's reply]

The reason for 2400 baud was for use of Logitech drivers. There are likely people who want to use the adapter on more than just Win3x and Win9x. I'd like to use the adapter with Win NT 3.51, NT4, and possibly W2K. Will the Intellipoint drivers work with these OS's? It could be that Logitech already has 2400 baud drivers for these OSes - hence my interest in 2400 baud adaptions.

I noticed that while behind the KVM, the original Matze79 firmware 1.0 drivers at 1200 baud felt quite a bit faster in DOS compared to the firmware 1.1 drivers at 1200 baud. Do you know why this is? So it seems to me that perhaps the original firmware 1.0 could be tweaked for 2400 baud? And maybe that is sufficient for behind the KVM?

With the ps2maset utility you can also change scaling and sampling. You should also try those additional parameters for best dos performances.

Reply 64 of 98, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

yeah, its time to change language of the utilities or at least make a english version 😀

could also patch 1.0.. just a few minutes..

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc

Reply 66 of 98, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The Logitech C7 states also 1200/2400/4800 and 9600 Baud can be supported, need read some more Stuff.

Last edited by matze79 on 2021-01-03, 18:35. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 67 of 98, by Madowax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm testing right now the board last revision and it's working as it should. Currently using 1.1 firmware.
Feipoa you should try ps2maset /r:3
It's probably what you are looking for in terms of mouse speed.

Reply 68 of 98, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What is ps2maset /r:3 for? I should use it with what baud rate and firmware?

v1.1 firmware at 19200 baud is fine for sleep, but I'm hoping to get the Logitech drivers working in Win95 and WinNT.

I plan to flash firmeware 1.0 -2400 this evening after all the kids are asleep. Now that it is spring break, the kids don't seem to get tired in the evening.

Reply 69 of 98, by Madowax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
feipoa wrote:

What is ps2maset /r:3 for? I should use it with what baud rate and firmware?

v1.1 firmware at 19200 baud is fine for sleep, but I'm hoping to get the Logitech drivers working in Win95 and WinNT.

I plan to flash firmeware 1.0 -2400 this evening after all the kids are asleep. Now that it is spring break, the kids don't seem to get tired in the evening.

You can use that with 19200baud on the standard 1.1 firmware
Ps2maset.exe options:
/ G - Provides information about the current settings

/ P: n - COM-Port, possible values: [1-4]
if the parameter is missing, the COM port is automatically detected.

/ B: n - baud rate, possible values: [1200 or 19200]

/ C: n - sets the scaling possible values: [0-1]
0 = 1 to 1 scaling or 1 = 2 to 1 scaling

/ R: n - sets the resolution possible values: [0-3]
0 = 1 count / mm, 1 = 2 count / mm, 2 = 4 count / mm, 3 = 8 count / mm

/ S: n - sets the sample rate, possible values: [10-320]
usual values: 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 200

/ M: n - sets the mouse type possible values: [0-3]
0 = automatic selection
1 = Microsoft mouse
2 = Logitech Mouse
3 = Microsoft Wheel Mouse

Reply 70 of 98, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Could you point me to the Logitech documentation which discusses different supported baud rates? I have Logitech Mouseware versions 5.0, 6.0, 6.3, 6.5, 7.2, 7.3, 8.0, and 9.79 but do not see any reference to baud rate in the readme files.

Reply 71 of 98, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
14.4 Programmable Baud Rate Selection 
The LOGIMOUSE C7 baud rate can be programmed with simple commands. Baud rate commands are two bytes long. The first byte is always '*' (2AH) followed by a second byte which selects the baud rate. Command: ASCII HEX New Baud Rate *n 2A,6E 1200 baud *0 2A,6F 2400 baud *p 2A,70 4800 baud *q 2A,71 9600 baud Both command bytes must be sent at the current baud rate. Allow at least 10 milliseconds for the mouse to switch to the new baud rate before sending a command at that rate.

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/logitech/Logitec … v_3.0_Jan86.pdf

ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/m83setup.exe
ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/m83setup.txt

But do they talk about BUS Mouse C7 or is it the Serial C7 ;O

Reply 72 of 98, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think the first document is talking about serial. I don't see "baud" referenced in the later m83setup.txt.

You can run mouse.exe /? and it will list out the command options.

This will set up the Logitech mouse for 1200 baud

mouse.exe SER 1200

This will set the mouse up for 9600 baud

mouse.exe SER 9600

Although 1200 and 9600 are specifically references, I think 2400 and 4800 are also acceptable values. I tried to tell it 19200, but I received an error. Could you setup the firmware for 1200 and 9600 baud options?

Reply 73 of 98, by Felmar Loyd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A simple modification on the Firmware, to allow 4800 or 9600 Baud is not enough. The Logitech C7-Mousedriver starts with 1200 Baud, and then it set the Maus with its Settings-Commands to the new Baudrate. The Firmware must understand the Settings-Commands from the Logitech Mousedriver, handle this Commands and must react in the correct way.

Reply 74 of 98, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Felmar, are you able to adapt the firmware and PS2maset to work with Logitech mouse drivers at 9600 baud? Is this readily possible? Obviously, the hope is that the Logitech Win9x and NT drivers will also work at 9600 baud.

Yesturday, Madowax sent modified firmware and ps2maset.exe to allow for 9600 baud, and (as you pointed out), it would not work with the Logitech drivers. We also tried for 2400 baud. When I run mouse.exe SER 2400 , the Logitech driver detects the mouse on COM1. But when I run test.exe, the pointer motion is incredibly slow. There is a full 5 second delay for the mouse cursor to respond to movement. Then when I exit test.exe, typing anything in DOS is extraordinarily slow. The other catch is that only Mouseware version 8.3 even detects the mouse. All other versions fail.

Reply 77 of 98, by Felmar Loyd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I change my Firmware to support the Baudrate-Switch from the Mousedriver with the Commandsequence
'*n', '*o' ,'*p' and '*q'. The Mousedriver says, that the new Parameters are used. But the Baudrate is not changed. 🙁 There is probably something missing. I will continue to search and test.

@Madowax, sorry, but i can't answer to your PM. The Board say, i have no Rights. I think my Post-Counter is to low. What a nonsense to make PMs dependent on them. 🙁
Your ISA-Card looks very nice. I would like to test one of your PCB's. Where can I get one?
I will make a Englisch-Verson for then "Ps2maset.exe". Can i take your translation for this?

Reply 78 of 98, by Madowax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Felmar Loyd wrote:
I change my Firmware to support the Baudrate-Switch from the Mousedriver with the Commandsequence '*n', '*o' ,'*p' and '*q'. The […]
Show full quote

I change my Firmware to support the Baudrate-Switch from the Mousedriver with the Commandsequence
'*n', '*o' ,'*p' and '*q'. The Mousedriver says, that the new Parameters are used. But the Baudrate is not changed. 🙁 There is probably something missing. I will continue to search and test.

@Madowax, sorry, but i can't answer to your PM. The Board say, i have no Rights. I think my Post-Counter is to low. What a nonsense to make PMs dependent on them. 🙁
Your ISA-Card looks very nice. I would like to test one of your PCB's. Where can I get one?
I will make a Englisch-Verson for then "Ps2maset.exe". Can i take your translation for this?

Of course you can use my translation, if you prefer I will send you my PAS file which is completely translated, at least each write and writeln lines, not your comments.

Reply 79 of 98, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Felmar Loyd wrote:

'*n', '*o' ,'*p' and '*q'. The Mousedriver says, that the new Parameters are used. But the Baudrate is not changed. :( There is probably something missing. I will continue to search and test.

Are you referring to the Logitech Mouse driver v8.3? Or Intellipoint 10.10 in w9x?

Felmar Loyd wrote:

@Madowax, sorry, but i can't answer to your PM. The Board say, i have no Rights. I think my Post-Counter is to low. What a nonsense to make PMs dependent on them. :(

There is one or more individuals on the forum who like to make chaos by opening up new accounts and spamming individuals and threads until they are blocked. Then they do it again and again. Having a post counter like this at least keeps individuals from being too overwhelmed with junk PM's.