VOGONS

Gotek floppy emulator colours?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 27, by dkarguth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I would put a gotek in my computer, but IMHO they are quite ugly. They just stick out like a sore thumb with their huge LED display, and flashy USB port. I would much rather have a discretely placed USB port on the back of my computer. I use FTP to transfer most of my files, however, so I don't deal with floppies much anymore.

"And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." -Red Green

Reply 21 of 27, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Brickpad wrote:
feipoa wrote:

Because I am fussy about colour matching bezels to within some threshold. Refer to the above photo for my threshold. That's just me. Maybe its OK for you.

Look for Rustoleum "Shell White." That's about the damned closest I could get to that "vintage" generic case beige.

https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/con … c=Shell%20White

Do you have a side-by-side comparison after using this product?

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 22 of 27, by Brickpad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
feipoa wrote:
Brickpad wrote:
feipoa wrote:

Because I am fussy about colour matching bezels to within some threshold. Refer to the above photo for my threshold. That's just me. Maybe its OK for you.

Look for Rustoleum "Shell White." That's about the damned closest I could get to that "vintage" generic case beige.

Do you have a side-by-side comparison after using this product?

Unfortunately I don't any longer, but what I can tell you is that it was very, very close. I think it was just a hint lighter / whiter. I'm pretty snobbish when it comes to authenticity (colors, hardware, labels, etc.), and I can assure you that it was in the acceptable range as a color match and sheen. Next time I am in storage I'll grab a can, and do a side-by-side comparison using the spray can cap.

Reply 23 of 27, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I wrote down the specifics and put it in my wallet. I looked for it at Walmart today, but for some reason, half their spray paints were missing from the shelves. Perhaps Canadian Tyre will have it...

Reply 24 of 27, by pixelatedscraps

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Brickpad wrote on 2019-03-09, 05:54:
feipoa wrote:

Stumbled across this post just now, thanks for the name of that paint - here's a new link https://www.myperfectcolor.com/paint/6784-dur … 70w-shell-white for anyone still looking for that perfect 90s beige colour!

My ultimate dual 440LX / Voodoo2 SLI build

Reply 25 of 27, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have found all these local sourced rattle cans to not match very well. I'm going to go to the paint store and have a colour matched litre of enamel mixed up. I think I'll bring in a case cover for them to match. Unfortunately, many chassis colours are two-tone, so I'll have to find one that is single-tone.

Reply 26 of 27, by pixelatedscraps

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
feipoa wrote on 2021-09-16, 03:29:

I have found all these local sourced rattle cans to not match very well. I'm going to go to the paint store and have a colour matched litre of enamel mixed up. I think I'll bring in a case cover for them to match. Unfortunately, many chassis colours are two-tone, so I'll have to find one that is single-tone.

Not to mention if you want a 3, 5 or 15 year patina on that classic AT beige 😉

My ultimate dual 440LX / Voodoo2 SLI build

Reply 27 of 27, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's probably 3, 5 or 15 teabags you steep it with overnight 🤣

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.