VOGONS

Reply 23 of 29, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PARKE wrote:

Regular ATX size, not micro. If size is of no concern you could check out this page to help you make a choice:
http://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/List_of_S … 70_motherboards

Already studied this and picked out what's looking good to me. But it seems that getting a really good board for a fair price - think I have to be patient. Or can someone tell me where I can find the Chaintech 6via5t?

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Reply 25 of 29, by alvaro84

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PARKE wrote:

There is one from Russia listed on Ebay, comes with cpu, ram, box,manual etc. for 191 dollar.

Ugh. That's insane and it's an understatement.

Shame on us, doomed from the start
May God have mercy on our dirty little hearts

Reply 27 of 29, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The Mainboard (MSI MS-6154) has arrived and I assembled minimal requirements for a first test. And..... Well... Nothing. BIOS Screen tells me it is a MS6154VA and that it recognizes the 1Ghz Coppermine CPU but it can't handle it and it is necessary to make a BIOS Update. I already downloaded the 2.4 Bios and put it on a bootable floppy. But at the moment I have no other 370 CPU to run the update.
But as I read again the manual I found something that puzzles me a lot. The multiplier for a CPU can be set with jumpers. But the maximum is 8x - for the 1Ghz CPU I would need 10x - that was my first thought. But I remembered - my CPU has a locked Multiplier.
So my question is: is there any way of combining the jumpers to tell the board to raise multiplier to 10? Or will jumper settings be ignored because of locked multiplier of the CPU? The last option sounds logical to me. So do or don't I have to care for the jumpers?

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Reply 28 of 29, by alvaro84

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You can ignore the multiplier jumpers, the CPU doesn't care about them.

Shame on us, doomed from the start
May God have mercy on our dirty little hearts

Reply 29 of 29, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well... Everything went okay... I updated the BIOS on the MSI 6154 and the 1GHZ CPU is recognized correctly. I will test everything the next days.