VOGONS

First post, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm looking for 286 BIOS image - Quadtel QT-102 V3.05.1. I can't find it anywhere 🙁

This or I'm looking (willing to buy) for the whole motherboard with this BIOS - namely LM-103S or (even better) G2-102 motherboard which is pretty much the same…

lm103s.jpg
Filename
lm103s.jpg
File size
764.27 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
g2-102.jpg
Filename
g2-102.jpg
File size
61.24 KiB
Views
File license

New items (October/November 2022) -> My Items for Sale
I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 1 of 6, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This board looks very similar to yours : 80286 BIOS image collection

Perhaps both have the same chipset and thus the bios from that board would work ?

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 2 of 6, by quicknick

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That should work, but it's an AMI bios. There's a Quadtel one on the chukaev.ru54.com website, but it's an older version (3.04.02).
Lastly, here's a Quadtel bios V3.05.03 but it's for the Headland HT12 chipset, therefore I cannot guarantee it'll work on the HT101/102 combo.

Attachments

• Filename
    KT216HT1.rar
    File size
    41.44 KiB
    Downloads
    60 downloads
    File license

Reply 3 of 6, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Deksor wrote:

This board looks very similar to yours : 80286 BIOS image collection

Perhaps both have the same chipset and thus the bios from that board would work ?

Yup, it's very similar to CDTek mobo you linked to (in a matter of fact I have exactly the same CDTek mobo in near-mint conditio and I want Quadtel BIOS to swap the AMI one installed in it purely for nostalgia purposes 😁). I don't have LMS-103S/G2-102 motherboard unfortunatelly, but I had one back in the 90s.

quicknick wrote:

That should work, but it's an AMI bios. There's a Quadtel one on the chukaev.ru54.com website, but it's an older version (3.04.02).
Lastly, here's a Quadtel bios V3.05.03 but it's for the Headland HT12 chipset, therefore I cannot guarantee it'll work on the HT101/102 combo.

Thanks I will check this one and 3.04.02 version too...

I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 4 of 6, by einr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

How about this?

http://minuszerodegrees.net/bios/BIOS_30MAR90 … IOS_3.05.01.zip

I don't think it's known what board this was intended for but the version number is correct so it can't hurt to try (probably)

Reply 5 of 6, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I happen to have an LM-103S (with its manual) but, unfortunately, it's already had some battery corrosion (I did remove the barrel battery when I got it).
Surprisingly, when I tested it the other day, it posted.

I'm more than happy to dump the BIOS images for you with my EPROM reader (I'm not sure what the BIOS revision is).

Reply 6 of 6, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
einr wrote:

How about this?

http://minuszerodegrees.net/bios/BIOS_30MAR90 … IOS_3.05.01.zip

I don't think it's known what board this was intended for but the version number is correct so it can't hurt to try (probably)

Wow, that appears to be exactly what I needed. Curious thing - I didn't found it on minuszerodegrees when I was looking for it...

jesolo wrote:

I happen to have an LM-103S (with its manual) but, unfortunately, it's already had some battery corrosion (I did remove the barrel battery when I got it).
Surprisingly, when I tested it the other day, it posted.

I'm more than happy to dump the BIOS images for you with my EPROM reader (I'm not sure what the BIOS revision is).

Sure! Please dump them if you can. You can also use Navratil Software for dumping it without removing EPROMs. http://www.navsoft.cz/products.htm

I8v8PGb.jpg