VOGONS

First post, by bergqvistjl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does anyone have Win9x drivers for a thrustmaster FCS MkII Joystick?

The built-in ones don't work very well in Windows (Axes are all over the place) - yet works fine in DOS.

Failing that - can anyone recommend a joystick that works on Privateer 2 (Deluxe edition), in Windows?

Reply 1 of 4, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Im pretty sure the fcs was driverless
its just a 4 button 2 axis stick
but there's one here (use at own risk and be carefull the website doesnt try to install other crap on your pc)
https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=11658

Heres the uploaders notes:

This is the complete WCS loader program and driver set. The last one we made before ThrustMaster was sold to a French company.
I was formerly the Direct Order/Customer Service Manager for ThrustMaster, Hillsboro, Oregon, USA.
Remember to restart in DOS MODE when installing under OSR 2 or Win 98. Will NOT function under NT.

If Privateer 2 is a proper windows program (not a dos program that runs under windows)
then any modern joystick will work I would get a Hotas

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 2 of 4, by bergqvistjl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Davros wrote:
Im pretty sure the fcs was driverless its just a 4 button 2 axis stick but there's one here (use at own risk and be carefull the […]
Show full quote

Im pretty sure the fcs was driverless
its just a 4 button 2 axis stick
but there's one here (use at own risk and be carefull the website doesnt try to install other crap on your pc)
https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=11658

Heres the uploaders notes:

This is the complete WCS loader program and driver set. The last one we made before ThrustMaster was sold to a French company.
I was formerly the Direct Order/Customer Service Manager for ThrustMaster, Hillsboro, Oregon, USA.
Remember to restart in DOS MODE when installing under OSR 2 or Win 98. Will NOT function under NT.

If Privateer 2 is a proper windows program (not a dos program that runs under windows)
then any modern joystick will work I would get a Hotas

Apparently P2 doesn't work well with modern joysticks (I used a Gameport Logitech Wingman Extreme and the axes were also very narrow and uneven).

Also apparently the following applies to the Deluxe/Windows version of Privateer 2:

Will a digital joystick work in this game?

Answer: No. This game uses the same analog calibration routines as the DOS version. Privateer 2: Deluxe will not read the joystick values properly. Sticks include: Microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro, Wingman Extreme Digital, Microsoft Force Feedback, Microsoft Precision Pro.

Reply 3 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Pretty sure it works fine with a Saitek X35/X36 HOTAS setup.

Should work fine with a Saitek X45 HOTAS setup as well.

I had the X35 / X35 setup... gave it to my brother when I got the X45 setup. Then I decided I liked the X35 / X36 setup better and traded him.

The version I have has both gameport and USB hookups. The original gameport only version has issues with faster computers.. as in it won't work at all. This is per Saitek who had me send in my gameport only set in exchange for the newer set.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 4 of 4, by bergqvistjl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
cyclone3d wrote:
Pretty sure it works fine with a Saitek X35/X36 HOTAS setup. […]
Show full quote

Pretty sure it works fine with a Saitek X35/X36 HOTAS setup.

Should work fine with a Saitek X45 HOTAS setup as well.

I had the X35 / X35 setup... gave it to my brother when I got the X45 setup. Then I decided I liked the X35 / X36 setup better and traded him.

The version I have has both gameport and USB hookups. The original gameport only version has issues with faster computers.. as in it won't work at all. This is per Saitek who had me send in my gameport only set in exchange for the newer set.

I've got my hands on a Logitech Wingman Extreme (the original analogue one) joystick, so hopefully that will be fine, as well as an X35/6 combo - albeit with gameport connections.