VOGONS

First post, by PTherapist

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I bought an Amstrad CPC 464 recently and it came with the CTM 644 monitor. Works great with the Amstrad CPC as you'd expect and I recently received a Scart adapter to allow me to connect up my ZX Spectrum, which also works great.

Now being that the adapter is supposed to be generally compatible with all RGB Scart input devices, I thought about testing out an old DVD Recorder, with the thinking being that as the DVD Recorder can accept Composite, SVideo & RGB inputs and output them all to RGB, it might be a good way of getting other devices that aren't natively RGB capable, connected to this monitor.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work right, with horizontal distortion as in the pics below and I was wondering if anybody can suggest what may be the cause and any possible solutions?

Note: The images appear to show a vertical alignment issue re-the black bars, which I'm not bothered about, as I don't intend to play movies on this thing. The alignment of the DVD Recorder's system menus & other input images are correct, it's just the horizontal distortion that is really the issue.

N5vmXf7h.jpg
dVpdFYXh.jpg
Ai9kvxYh.jpg

Reply 1 of 2, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'd say that the CTM644 starts having a bit of a trouble to properly sync but why does it does that only with a DVD? Try adjusting the V-Hold potentiometer in the back of the monitor..

Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]