VOGONS

First post, by ildonaldo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am currently building a "new" retro system: PIII/700 + TNT2 M64 + 2x Voodoo 2 als SLI + SB16 mit Win 98 SE.
Video drivers are FastVoodoo2 4.6 + DirectX 8.1b

Everything seems to work fine, but I would like to check if the SLI is working properly.
Is this a case for Aida or any other small tool?

TNX & regards

PS: 3DMark 99 Max (Voodoo 2 at 800x600) = 3709 - whatever this indicates ...

Building my own PCs since 1991 - for my retro builds it's "no CF-disks, no Floppy emulators, no modern cases etc.", only the real and authentic stuff whenever possible.

Reply 1 of 4, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Check your Scanline Interleave status, and check to see if your frame buffer memory and texture memory is being detected right. Then of course compare benchmarks.

Here's how my Voodoo 2 12MB SLI setup looks:
76OlWTS.jpg

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 2 of 4, by havli

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The best way to check is running some game or even 3Dmark at 1024x768 resolution. If that works, then your SLI is ok.

HW museum.cz - my collection of PC hardware

Reply 3 of 4, by ildonaldo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks a lot - everything is fine.
The driver says "SLI: detected" and 3DMark runs fine on Voodoo & 1024x768 (=> 3460 3DMarks).
All I need now are some suitable games to run on this machine 😉

Building my own PCs since 1991 - for my retro builds it's "no CF-disks, no Floppy emulators, no modern cases etc.", only the real and authentic stuff whenever possible.

Reply 4 of 4, by SaxxonPike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah, that check in the control panel, 1024x768, and running benchmarks is pretty much all you need. I generally throw Deus Ex at it as a practical test, as an example of a late life Glide game that will tax pretty much any 3dfx hardware you throw at it.

Sound device guides:
Sound Blaster
Aztech
OPL3-SA