VOGONS

First post, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello,
does someone know, what is right google name for this part and if some replacement can be bough? or does someone of Europe some spare locks?

I have few MBs, where previous owners tried to remove videocard, without unlocking and this part is missing..

PCI-ESlotReplacement.jpg
Filename
PCI-ESlotReplacement.jpg
File size
90.4 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

I know that there are types of this lock but i need these for Gigabyte MBs.. I dont care about color, different color would in opposite nice to highlight that element..

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 1 of 2, by .legaCy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ruthan wrote:
Hello, does someone know, what is right google name for this part and if some replacement can be bough? or does someone of Europ […]
Show full quote

Hello,
does someone know, what is right google name for this part and if some replacement can be bough? or does someone of Europe some spare locks?

I have few MBs, where previous owners tried to remove videocard, without unlocking and this part is missing..

PCI-ESlotReplacement.jpg

I know that there are types of this lock but i need these for Gigabyte MBs.. I dont care about color, different color would in opposite nice to highlight that element..

My first attempt on getting one of this is looking for E-recycler and ask them if they let you have the board if you find one with the connector in good shape.
Maybe you can buy online, but idk where.
On the worst case you can look on the chinese marketplaces for those USB to PCI-e 16x adapters just to get the connector.

Reply 2 of 2, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Something like this?

LOTES PCI-E x16 Slot.jpg
Filename
LOTES PCI-E x16 Slot.jpg
File size
4.71 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

https://www.amazon.com/LOTES-Express-Latch-Lo … r/dp/B076BMHCSV

EDIT1: Ah, you only want the locking mechanism rather than the whole slot 😊 😕 - other than from scrap items, could be more tricky

EDIT2: Never realised there were so many types 😲 https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=274 but as they quote "Note: If the lock is not present, it will not affect the quality of the connection." I wouldn't bother TBH