VOGONS

First post, by Kubik

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Folks, I got my hands on nice little PC-XT board named "PETER-10F". Sadly, it's not quite complete, it's missing few unimportant chips and BIOS. As it's using the famous Faraday FE2010A chipset, I am reasonably sure that standard PC-XT BIOS won't work properly on it (or not at all), so I wonder if someone has the same board and could dump its BIOS.

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 3, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
XT-Faraday PAC.JPG
Filename
XT-Faraday PAC.JPG
File size
832.87 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Filename
XT-Faraday PAC.rar
File size
839.23 KiB
Downloads
61 downloads
File license

Quite sure any XT-BIOS will work with this Chipset...

Reply 2 of 3, by Kubik

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks!

Sadly, the BIOS doesn't seem to work on my board. I am using the Super XT BIOS right now, so I can confirm the board works (I got it with some chips missing), but I would prefer to have the original BIOS 😀

Anyone else has the same board? Or, it looks like there's also Peter-10 that has 8 slots and no integrated floppy controller. I am guessing the BIOS will be the same.

peter-10f.jpg
Filename
peter-10f.jpg
File size
420.26 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 3 of 3, by uridium

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There's a few of these I think are related. I'm currently trying to get a GEM-10 to work. The few times it's fired up it's proclaimed it's a P-10 motherboard. I did some internet searching and found similar BIOS strings and searched for the Peter-10. The BIOS strings say:

P-10 BIOS V3.60
(C) ZETA Ltd. 1989

I've found some *REALLY* similar boards with similar BIOS strings.

Here's my GEM-10: http://ns4.reboot.net.au/hardware/pics/yum-cha/GEM-10/

If you zoom in on the ROM sticker it's a "P-10/F" label.

Here's the Peter-10: http://dosdays.co.uk/topics/images/zeta_xt.png (Scroll down).

Given mine has chips that have date codes of at lates 09th week of 1989 and a BIOS copywrite of 1989 .. and the Peter-10's are 1991 vintage I suspect I just have an earlier version.

Still trying to get board up and stable 😀

Regards,
Al.