VOGONS

First post, by DOS_PUG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there

I have been a passive reader for a few weeks now. Great site! Lately I have been venturing into the world of retro PC's. I have got hold of a lovely yellowed Hewlett Packard Vectra VL400 with Pentium III 800MHz and a FANTASTIC 3Dfx Voodoo 3 2000 AGP. I am very, very much enjoying the machine, however, I am getting crazy by the PC's built in intrusion alert / keyboard lock 😵 I am unware if it is the one or the other - or both that is preventing the boot. I have three PC's hocked up to one CRT moniter through an automatic KVM switch. Each time the machine has been powered off for some time the alert activates as I power on the PC and it refuses to boot 😢 I then plug in the PS/2 keyboard directly and all is well. But that sort of ruins the purpose of the KVM. I have been searching the site and the web in general and I have cleared the CMOS and thus resetting any paswords etc. This does, however not solve the problem. The alert still activates after some time. My question: Is there a way to completely disable the intrusion alert? Or is there a switch on the motherboard for this?

I very much hope you guys can help me out

Best regards,

DOS_PUG (Frederik)