VOGONS

First post, by athlon-power

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I recently acquired an eMachines etower 433i for $10 at a local thrift store. Everything is included in the PC (including the original 4.3GB HDD!), except for that it came with a DVD drive that somebody upgraded it with ages ago. That DVD drive was certainly not part of the original configuration. I removed it and now I have this problem:

20190623_035012.jpg
Filename
20190623_035012.jpg
File size
607.27 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Now I'm missing a front panel piece. It's also specifically shaped to the curve of the rest of the front panel, but I figured I could find a matching one (maybe from a different model) on eBay. I can't.

It also needs a new PSU, but it uses a standard Micro ATX PSU so it's pretty easy to find one online. It probably also needs a new CPU fan, but again, I can find a new one online. I can't, however, find anything for this damn front panel piece! All I've found are other eMachines units like this one, but I refuse to buy an entire second system for over $100 just for a plastic front panel piece. Getting a different one would completely go against the point of why I need a front panel piece in the first place, anyways.

I'm not sure what to do from here, any help is greatly appreciated.

Where am I?