VOGONS

Reply 400 of 402, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The vintage version is supposed to report the SPD and the LPCIO on the TUSL2-C, so this must be a bug. I'll re-install mine to fix that.
Concerning the FIC : the DMI is not correctly filled :

DMI Baseboard		
vendor M/B Manufacturer
model Product Name
revision M/B Version
serial 00

The vintage version got the brand from the BIOS, but not the model.

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 401 of 402, by Am386DX-40

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
CuPid wrote on 2020-04-16, 12:12:
appiah4 wrote on 2020-04-16, 10:43:
I can't seem to get CPU-Z to run on Win9x, gives me a bluescreen at startup around the 10% initialization mark, and the followin […]
Show full quote

I can't seem to get CPU-Z to run on Win9x, gives me a bluescreen at startup around the 10% initialization mark, and the following error:

"A fatal exception 0D has occured at 0028:C15F3D96 in VXD
CVXDSAMP(01) + 00000226. The current application will be terminated."

Probably a PCI probing problem? Any workarounds?

It is very likely an unsupported MSR that the program is trying to access. NT handles the exception, but win9x doesn't.
Can you please tell me what CPU is installed ? (its family/model/stepping if possible, and its codename)

Having the same problem on a Soyo 6BA+ IV with a Pentium 2 400 on Win98 SE

Reply 402 of 402, by soggi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey CuPid,

just want to leave a BIG THX for over 20 years of CPU-Z at this point, I really appreciate your great work - recovering Win98 support some years ago and especially releasing the Vintage Edition were and are an invaluable service to the vintage/retro computer scene which is not to be taken for granted!

Maybe some time later I will return with some issues.

kind regards
soggi

Vintage BIOSes, firmware, drivers, tools, manuals and (3dfx) game patches -> soggi's BIOS & Firmware Page

soggi.org on Twitter - talent borrows, genius steals...