VOGONS

Reply 20 of 440, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I ran the same CPUZ_w95 files on the NexGen with NT 3.51. Lots of errors.

NT35_1.jpg
Filename
NT35_1.jpg
File size
482.2 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
NT35_2.jpg
Filename
NT35_2.jpg
File size
447.78 KiB
Views
File license
Filename
cpuz_driver_72.log
File size
1.1 KiB
Downloads
120 downloads
File license

But it continued to run.

NT35_3.jpg
Filename
NT35_3.jpg
File size
185.18 KiB
Views
File license
Filename
NEXGEN-NT35.txt
File size
2.31 KiB
Downloads
126 downloads
File license

Benchmarks were:
CPU: 117.9
FPU: 541.2
so, a bit faster than the Win95c results from the previous post.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 21 of 440, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks feipoa.

I updated to report more information on the Nx586, but only for Win95 atm. The NT driver includes a function that is not present in WinNT, and that prevents the driver from loading. I'll install NT to fix that issue.
Under win95 the new version should show the core clock, supposely 102 MHz on the PF110 if I'm correct, but some tuning may be necessary to get the right value (I'm using the 386 instructions timings).

http://download.cpuid.com/betas/cpuz_w95.zip

Once again I can't find the right documentation that would allow to extract the information from the PCI registers (L2 size, memory timings ...). The only one I found is the Nx586/Nx587 databook from 94 :
https://usermanual.wiki/Document/DxDOCDB00101 … pr94.3281539027
But no register description is included.

The crash w/o IDON.COM is more worrying. Visual 6 allows to change the instruction set used for the compilation :

Could it solve the problem by using a pure 386 instruction set instead of Blend ?

Last edited by CuPid on 2019-08-30, 22:51. Edited 1 time in total.

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 22 of 440, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

For NexGen information, I suggest you contact the guy who compiled this website, https://www.memotech.franken.de/NexGen/
He goes by mtx500 on the CPU-World forum.

I can try a pure 386 instruction set if you want to compile it for that. Might fix the issue, might not. Generally, it would be nice not to use IDON.COM as it can cause issues with other programs, but if some program doesn't work naturally, I load IDON.COM, then run the program.

Do you want me to try cpuz_w95 again on NexGen in Windows 95? And which version of CPU-Z is to be used for NT4 on a 486 or NexGen? Is that the same version that hopefully will work with NT 3.51?

Reply 23 of 440, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
feipoa wrote:

Attached is the report for a NexGen PF110 running Windows 95c.

Wow, I has never heard of this CPU! I develop SIV and would like to add support, please will you help me?

To do this download SIV 5.40 (http://rh-software.com/downloads/zip/siv_v5.40.zip) or later, run SIV32L.exe and send me the save file (Menu->File->Save Local). SIV32L.exe should work on both NT 3.51 and W95.

Once I get the save file I will update SIV and release a 5.41 Beta which should do better.

Reply 24 of 440, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

CuPid, attached is the report from NexGen PF110 for your latest cpuz_w95.zip file.

I noticed that the benchmark result is not consistent when refreshing.

CPU Speed variance: 108.0, 109.7, 107.9
CPU Speed variance: 502.4, 496.3, 496.2

Filename
NEXGEN-W95_2.txt
File size
10.96 KiB
Downloads
124 downloads
File license

Reply 25 of 440, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
red-ray wrote:
Wow, I has never heard of this CPU! I develop SIV and would like to add support, please will you help me? […]
Show full quote
feipoa wrote:

Attached is the report for a NexGen PF110 running Windows 95c.

Wow, I has never heard of this CPU! I develop SIV and would like to add support, please will you help me?

To do this download SIV 5.40 (http://rh-software.com/downloads/zip/siv_v5.40.zip) or later, run SIV32L.exe and send me the save file (Menu->File->Save Local). SIV32L.exe should work on both NT 3.51 and W95.

Once I get the save file I will update SIV and release a 5.41 Beta which should do better.

Oh nice, I've been using SIV on my 486 w/NT4 for a long time now. It was one of the only detailed information programs I could find which would run well on this older hardware. I'll run SIV32L on NT 3.51 and w95c and send the report shortly.

Reply 26 of 440, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
feipoa wrote:
For NexGen information, I suggest you contact the guy who compiled this website, https://www.memotech.franken.de/NexGen/ He goes […]
Show full quote

For NexGen information, I suggest you contact the guy who compiled this website, https://www.memotech.franken.de/NexGen/
He goes by mtx500 on the CPU-World forum.

I can try a pure 386 instruction set if you want to compile it for that. Might fix the issue, might not. Generally, it would be nice not to use IDON.COM as it can cause issues with other programs, but if some program doesn't work naturally, I load IDON.COM, then run the program.

Do you want me to try cpuz_w95 again on NexGen in Windows 95? And which version of CPU-Z is to be used for NT4 on a 486 or NexGen? Is that the same version that hopefully will work with NT 3.51?

Thanks feipoa.
The missing function (PsGetVersion) does only concern NT 3.51, so it should work ok on NT 4.0 (unless another function is missing !)

The bench variations are due to Win9x. It is almost impossible not to get interrupted, unless the code runs at the OS level (VxD), that is not the case of the bench.

Edit : still missed the clock, I posted a fix.

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 27 of 440, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

red-ray, does SIV32L also work on a 386, SXL2-66, or IBM BL3-75? Attached is the report for Windows 95c. SIV32L also required me to run IDON.COM.

Filename
SIV_NEXGEN-W95.txt
File size
198.97 KiB
Downloads
120 downloads
File license
NexGen_without_IDON.jpg
Filename
NexGen_without_IDON.jpg
File size
289.07 KiB
Views
File license
NexGen_with_IDON_wrong_Windows95_version.jpg
Filename
NexGen_with_IDON_wrong_Windows95_version.jpg
File size
398.3 KiB
Views
File license

EDIT:
SIV32L will not run on NT 3.51 with the NexGen. See attachment below.

SIV32L-NexGen-NT35.png
Filename
SIV32L-NexGen-NT35.png
File size
40.37 KiB
Views
File license
Last edited by feipoa on 2019-08-19, 10:55. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 28 of 440, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
CuPid wrote:

Edit : still missed the clock, I posted a fix.

Attached. Core speed comes up as 144.5 MHz. Should be 102 MHz (2x51).

Attachments

• Filename
    NEXGEN-W95_3.txt
    File size
    11.23 KiB
    Downloads
    125 downloads
    File license

Reply 29 of 440, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
feipoa wrote:

red-ray, does SIV32L also work on a 386, SXL2-66, or IBM BL3-75? Attached is the report for Windows 95c.

Thank you and I suspect the reason you need to run IDON.COM is down to what SHLWAPI.dll does. I am unsure about how to address this and will have a ponder.

SIV made a valiant attempt, but W95 reported the CPU as a 386 which confused SIV. I have made some adjustments and the attached should do rather better, does it?

It's possible the reported speed may be incorrect as I am unsure how many cycles AAM takes so I guessed @ 15, what does Menu->Help->Conversions->CPU MHz report? Once I see this I will be able to fix things.

If you run on NT 3.51 then SIV should report rather more such as your G200 GPU clocks and may even report the disk SMART information.

As for the other systems then with a bit of luck SIV should work and if it doesn't I will try and fix things, please use the 5.41 Beta. How much memory do the other systems have? I suspect SIV needs >= 32MB, but if you delete PCIDEVS.txt it may be OK with 16MB.

Last edited by red-ray on 2019-08-19, 17:23. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 30 of 440, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
red-ray wrote:

If you run on NT 3.51 then SIV should report rather more such as your G200 GPU clocks and may even report the disk SMART information.

I'm confused by this answer. I pasted a screenshot showing that NT 3.51 will not run on the NexGen. See screenshot above. Perhaps you didn't refresh the thread before replying.

red-ray wrote:

As for the other systems then with a bit of luck SIV should work and if it doesn't I will try and fix things, please use the 5.41 Beta. How much memory do the other systems have? I suspect SIV needs >= 32MB, but if you delete PCIDEVS.txt it may be OK with 16MB.

There is only one NexGen system. It dual-boots between WinNT 3.51 and Win95c. So both systems, since they contain the same hardware, have 192 MB of RAM. The beta attachment you provided is for NT 3.51 or Win95c?

Reply 31 of 440, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
feipoa wrote:
I'm confused by this answer. I pasted a screenshot showing that NT 3.51 will not run on the NexGen. See screenshot above. Perha […]
Show full quote
red-ray wrote:

I'm confused by this answer. I pasted a screenshot showing that NT 3.51 will not run on the NexGen. See screenshot above. Perhaps you didn't refresh the thread before replying.

red-ray wrote:

There is only one NexGen system. It dual-boots between WinNT 3.51 and Win95c. So both systems, since they contain the same hardware, have 192 MB of RAM. The beta attachment you provided is for NT 3.51 or Win95c?

I started answering before you edited the post. I am wondering how far it gets, please do SIV32L -DBGINI which should generate SIV_DBGOUT.log. Is there a Dr Watson log file I can get?

Any SIV32L.exe should work on both W9x + NT 3.51 and later, it even works on my W10 x64 system, but only reports 32 of the 32 CPUs.

Reply 32 of 440, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Alright, let me check that NT 3.51 startup flag. NT3.51 doesn't have the IDON.COM program to do its thing, but I also tried using Alternate Instructions in the BIOS, but SIV32L still did not work with NT 3.51/NexGen.

Here is the speed report you asked for from Win95c/NexGen

NexGen-W95-Speed.JPG
Filename
NexGen-W95-Speed.JPG
File size
437.84 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 33 of 440, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

For NT 3.51:

SIV_DBGOUT.log was not generated in the SIV folder. I'm using the original version you posted, not the beta for NT.

SIV32L-DVGINI.jpg
Filename
SIV32L-DVGINI.jpg
File size
118.08 KiB
Views
File license

Log from the Event Viewer is attached.

Filename
Event_Log_NexGen-NT35.txt
File size
49.56 KiB
Downloads
111 downloads
File license

Reply 34 of 440, by jheronimus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Pentium Pro here, hope it helps.

untitled.png
Filename
untitled.png
File size
108.34 KiB
Views
File license
Filename
PENTIUM PRO.txt
File size
18.31 KiB
Downloads
145 downloads
File license

MR BIOS catalog
Unicore catalog

Reply 36 of 440, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CuPid wrote:

386 class processors are supported in theory, but only a few 386 users run windows 95, so I did not get very deep into that, except for 486DLC/SXL.

Would you be interested in that? I have a Am386DX-40, 486DLC-40 and Cx387-40 FPU options for motherboard, that has 256kB cache with write-back.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 37 of 440, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
GigAHerZ wrote:
CuPid wrote:

386 class processors are supported in theory, but only a few 386 users run windows 95, so I did not get very deep into that, except for 486DLC/SXL.

Would you be interested in that? I have a Am386DX-40, 486DLC-40 and Cx387-40 FPU options for motherboard, that has 256kB cache with write-back.

yes I'm definitely interested.

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png

Reply 38 of 440, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@CuPid, okay, i'll try to find some time during this week to install win95 on it and then run the cpu-z. 😀
Any particular setups you are interested? With/Without FPU, cache, write-back cache, etc?

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 39 of 440, by CuPid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
GigAHerZ wrote:

@CuPid, okay, i'll try to find some time during this week to install win95 on it and then run the cpu-z. 😀
Any particular setups you are interested? With/Without FPU, cache, write-back cache, etc?

Concerning the detection, both the DX and the DLC are interesting, to check if the CPUs are well recognized and if the clocks are good.
The FPU will allow to get a FP score in the bench.
But the app won't be able to read the on-board cache tho, only PCI mainboards are supported.

I need a vacation.

tbmtg3-99.png
zav4kj-99.png