First post, by 21603

User metadata
Rank Newbie

I've been looking for a better keyboard than the one I currently have on my 486 where the space bar flops around like dogs ears and the enter gets jammed down after pressing it. It's a real junk heap.

I found someone selling an HP C1405A that looks to be in great condition, but it doesn't have the cable. Are cables for these keyboards easy to find or does someone make them like they do with the IBM model M?

Reply 3 of 3, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie

The cable is modular at the k/b end, a ps/2.or something like it at the computer end. I have 1 of these, I always thought it was for the 286 based Vectras. If itnis ps/2 compatible, then that definitely isn't the case.