HWiNFO support of vintage hardware

Topic actions

Reply 200 of 677, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mumak wrote on 2020-03-03, 13:14:
Meanwhile I have 2 new builds, would be great if you could test both and provide results as I'm not sure which method will work […]
Show full quote
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-02, 20:14:
Yes: Seems to be nearly as good as 4095 :D hwinfo-5098-main.jpg There are special characters in the DIMM names, that's new. […]
Show full quote
Mumak wrote on 2020-03-02, 15:18:

Ready for yet another test? 😉 This will be a special one - attempting to access the 7500 Scalable Memory Buffers for the first time.
Since I haven't tried this before, I don't know if it will work. But if it does, we should be able to read additional memory parameters including the Memory Buffer temperatures.
Here the test build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_623_4098.zip

Yes:
Seems to be nearly as good as 4095 😁
hwinfo-5098-main.jpg
There are special characters in the DIMM names, that's new.

But joke aside, what should be shown additionally?

Meanwhile I have 2 new builds, would be great if you could test both and provide results as I'm not sure which method will work better. Here they are:
- www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_623_4099.zip
- www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_623_4100.zip
Sorry for so many requests, but it's difficult to develop/test such system remotely. We (I and Ray) were already considering buying such machine, but none of us is yet keen on spending several hundreds of EUR just for a couple of days of testing...

Just one more question (also to Ray 😀 )
Do you plan to show if "hemisphere mode" is enabled, too?
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDispl … mr_na-c02283239

Reply 201 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-04, 21:13:
Just one more question (also to Ray :) ) Do you plan to show if "hemisphere mode" is enabled, too? https://support.hpe.com/hpesc […]
Show full quote
Meanwhile I have 2 new builds, would be great if you could test both and provide results as I'm not sure which method will work […]
Show full quote
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-02, 20:14:
Yes: Seems to be nearly as good as 4095 :D hwinfo-5098-main.jpg There are special characters in the DIMM names, that's new. […]
Show full quote

Yes:
Seems to be nearly as good as 4095 😁
hwinfo-5098-main.jpg
There are special characters in the DIMM names, that's new.

But joke aside, what should be shown additionally?

Meanwhile I have 2 new builds, would be great if you could test both and provide results as I'm not sure which method will work better. Here they are:
Sorry for so many requests, but it's difficult to develop/test such system remotely. We (I and Ray) were already considering buying such machine, but none of us is yet keen on spending several hundreds of EUR just for a couple of days of testing...

Sorry, I don't think so. I have also given up on trying to access the memory buffers for the time being as the system doesn't behave according to technical specifications. Moreover some documents contain contradicting or erratic information. To get further, I'd need to do many tests, which would be quite difficult without direct access to such machine.
Nevertheless, thank you very much for your time and all the reports and tests you have done so far. If you have any other systems, we'd be happy to receive reports and check if there's anything we can do better.

Reply 202 of 677, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mumak wrote on 2020-03-04, 21:37:
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-04, 21:13:
Just one more question (also to Ray :) ) Do you plan to show if "hemisphere mode" is enabled, too? https://support.hpe.com/hpesc […]
Show full quote
Show full quote

Sorry, I don't think so. I have also given up on trying to access the memory buffers for the time being as the system doesn't behave according to technical specifications. Moreover some documents contain contradicting or erratic information. To get further, I'd need to do many tests, which would be quite difficult without direct access to such machine.
Nevertheless, thank you very much for your time and all the reports and tests you have done so far. If you have any other systems, we'd be happy to receive reports and check if there's anything we can do better.

No problem.
I have only two more types of multi-socket machines:
HP DL585 G6 (quad Opteron 8439SE, mainboard with Nvidia chipset). Maybe you can retrieve DIMM info there, we will see. With HP P410 raid controllers, where we already know that it won't be detected 😀.
A Dell workstation (dual Pentium III, wide scsi disks on oboard SCSI controller, 100MHz bus), that one should be pretty standard.
And some normal PCs (socket 939, socket AM3, socket AM3+, socket 775), not very exciting.
So I will post at least something for a HP DL585 G6 (I have 2 of it).

Reply 203 of 677, by vorob

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi, new laptop, new issue! Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Xi 1546 with ATI Mobility X1800, latest HWINFO reports 97C while it never changes. Also no other program report GPU temperature. Is there any way to get proper value?

Attachments

• Filename
    HWiNFO32.rar
    File size
    24.02 KiB
    Downloads
    57 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 204 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vorob wrote on 2020-03-21, 14:10:

Hi, new laptop, new issue! Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Xi 1546 with ATI Mobility X1800, latest HWINFO reports 97C while it never changes. Also no other program report GPU temperature. Is there any way to get proper value?

Sorry, but the attached Debug File doesn't contain sensor data (you probably didn't open the sensors window). Which sensor reports 97 C, can you attach a screenshot?

Reply 206 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vorob wrote on 2020-03-21, 16:32:

Let's try again)

I'm afraid there's not much I can do. This value is reported by the BIOS, which is responsible for the accuracy. If it doesn't change at all, then it's most likely invalid.

Reply 207 of 677, by vorob

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mumak wrote on 2020-03-22, 00:10:
vorob wrote on 2020-03-21, 16:32:

Let's try again)

I'm afraid there's not much I can do. This value is reported by the BIOS, which is responsible for the accuracy. If it doesn't change at all, then it's most likely invalid.

Ye, googled and looks like this laptop doesn’t have sensor on gpu. What a fail 😀

I’ll check for other stuff and be back with report.

Reply 208 of 677, by vorob

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vorob wrote on 2020-02-27, 20:45:

Hi, I've got another headache for you 😀
Laptop Dell Latitude D800 with Pentium M and Geforce 4200. Problem is that it doesn't report GPU clocks correctly. There should be 200mhz on gpu core and 400mhz on memory. I've altered values via overclock features and memory is just not X2 here, instead of 400mhz its 200mhz. And gpu core is completely wrong, though values change when I alter overclock, for eg 200mhz = 24mhz and if i set 150mhz = 18mhz

Any chance you had time to check it?

Reply 209 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vorob wrote on 2020-04-07, 18:48:
vorob wrote on 2020-02-27, 20:45:

Hi, I've got another headache for you 😀
Laptop Dell Latitude D800 with Pentium M and Geforce 4200. Problem is that it doesn't report GPU clocks correctly. There should be 200mhz on gpu core and 400mhz on memory. I've altered values via overclock features and memory is just not X2 here, instead of 400mhz its 200mhz. And gpu core is completely wrong, though values change when I alter overclock, for eg 200mhz = 24mhz and if i set 150mhz = 18mhz

Any chance you had time to check it?

I checked it, but couldn't determine how to fix this yet 🙁

Reply 210 of 677, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Mumak> Are you able to keep the original post updated for which specific hardware configurations (CPUs, graphics, etc) you still would like tested? This will allow newcomers to help out without having to read the whole thread in detail. I assume you maintain a database of test results, so you will know which hardware is vacant. Is this database readable if posted to the forum or elsewhere? This way users could look in there and see what's missing. Same comment for the Ressurected DOS version of HWiNFO.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 211 of 677, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
feipoa wrote on 2020-04-12, 14:02:

Mumak> Are you able to keep the original post updated for which specific hardware configurations (CPUs, graphics, etc) you still would like tested? This will allow newcomers to help out without having to read the whole thread in detail. I assume you maintain a database of test results, so you will know which hardware is vacant. Is this database readable if posted to the forum or elsewhere? This way users could look in there and see what's missing. Same comment for the Ressurected DOS version of HWiNFO.

I like that idea, I have a pile of hardware sitting here, waiting for a good excuse to be used 😀

1982 to 2001

Reply 212 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, this is very difficult to tell. There are so many different parts and combinations that I cannot reliably tell which I need or not. I also made a lot of changes in latest builds - various optimizations, improvements and enhancements. Hence, even re-testing with the latest build is useful for me. So generally I'm interested in any reports, most useful for me are older systems with ISA/VLB cards as these are most problematic to detect. I'd say that P4 and later systems, should be well covered.

Reply 213 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cyrix200+ wrote on 2020-04-12, 14:04:

I like that idea, I have a pile of hardware sitting here, waiting for a good excuse to be used 😀

Heh, what excuse should I give you? 😁 I'm eager to get any reports from your systems.
For the DOS version, the latest build is posted here: Re: HWiNFO for DOS resurrected !
I will update the official build once this one passes more tests and gets a few more updates.

Reply 214 of 677, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mumak wrote on 2020-04-12, 14:38:
Heh, what excuse should I give you? :D I'm eager to get any reports from your systems. For the DOS version, the latest build is […]
Show full quote

I like that idea, I have a pile of hardware sitting here, waiting for a good excuse to be used :)

Heh, what excuse should I give you? :D I'm eager to get any reports from your systems.
For the DOS version, the latest build is posted here: Re: HWiNFO for DOS resurrected !
I will update the official build once this one passes more tests and gets a few more updates.

OK, I guess I could wait for the DOS software to be updated so I don't have to shuffle around systems. They are all stacked up in the closet, and getting to the back means all the cases come out. Do you know when the DOS software will be ready?

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 215 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
feipoa wrote on 2020-04-13, 00:02:
Mumak wrote on 2020-04-12, 14:38:
Heh, what excuse should I give you? :D I'm eager to get any reports from your systems. For the DOS version, the latest build is […]
Show full quote

Heh, what excuse should I give you? 😁 I'm eager to get any reports from your systems.

OK, I guess I could wait for the DOS software to be updated so I don't have to shuffle around systems. They are all stacked up in the closet, and getting to the back means all the cases come out. Do you know when the DOS software will be ready?

I have just released v6.0.5 for DOS, that's the latest and greatest so far. Please use that one.

Reply 216 of 677, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I ran latest hwinfo beta (from the website) on a HP DL585 G6

hwinf1.jpg
Filename
hwinf1.jpg
File size
177.2 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Some minor issues 😀

I started it in debug mode and attach a report

Attachments

• Filename
    hwi_625_4135-dl585g6.7z
    File size
    39.69 KiB
    Downloads
    34 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 217 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-04-13, 15:12:
I ran latest hwinfo beta (from the website) on a HP DL585 G6 […]
Show full quote

hwinf1.jpg

Some minor issues 😀

Thanks! What issues do you see? SMBus devices is locked there by BIOS and we don't know how to enable it due to lack of NVIDIA documentation, hence no memory module details.

Reply 218 of 677, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mumak wrote on 2020-04-13, 15:21:
Show full quote

hwinf1.jpg

Some minor issues 😀

Thanks! What issues do you see? SMBus devices is locked there by BIOS and we don't know how to enable it due to lack of NVIDIA documentation, hence no memory module details.

Yes, it's ok.
But how can Ray's siv know that there are 8 DIMMs in the machine?
EDIT:
Maybe hwinfo knows it, too. But where it is shown?

Reply 219 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-04-13, 15:27:
Yes, it's ok. But how can Ray's siv know that there are 8 DIMMs in the machine? EDIT: Maybe hwinfo knows it, too. But where it i […]
Show full quote
Mumak wrote on 2020-04-13, 15:21:
Show full quote

hwinf1.jpg

Some minor issues 😀

Yes, it's ok.
But how can Ray's siv know that there are 8 DIMMs in the machine?
EDIT:
Maybe hwinfo knows it, too. But where it is shown?

From SMBIOS DMI. That's shown by HWiNFO too, but not included in the memory modules list as this kind of information is sometimes not reliable (some BIOSes don't populate it correctly).