VOGONS

First post, by gordesky1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So i been messing with my old 430cdt again:) But really i cant do much with its 1.26gb hdd that it has in it 🤣... And it is a great dos and win95 retro gamer:)

Is it possible to clone the drive and clone it too a bigger hdd like a 20gig? Tho i do have some 6gigs i can use tho. Right now its using fat for the file system.

The cloning software i usely use is true image which i did make backups of my other laptops which runs 98 but i never tried cloneing them and stuff. Nor never tried windows 95.

Reply 1 of 1, by Violett'Blossom

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
gordesky1 wrote on 2019-12-30, 02:45:

So i been messing with my old 430cdt again:) But really i cant do much with its 1.26gb hdd that it has in it 🤣... And it is a great dos and win95 retro gamer:)

Is it possible to clone the drive and clone it too a bigger hdd like a 20gig? Tho i do have some 6gigs i can use tho. Right now its using fat for the file system.

The cloning software i usely use is true image which i did make backups of my other laptops which runs 98 but i never tried cloneing them and stuff. Nor never tried windows 95.

Hello, the BIOS limitations on those are 8 gigs if I recall correctly, however I would like to suggest that you use CF to IDE or M.2 SATA to IDE for longetivity and also almost 0 access time.

Cloning smaller drive onto bigger is no problem, I have been using clonezilla for such stuff, however sometimes clean install is way better since sometimes the drive won't boot afterwards.

Hope it helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Retro gaming : Compaq Armada E500
Portable : MacBook Air 2012
Hackingtosh : I5 6500 8GB DDR4 RX480 8GB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------