HWiNFO for DOS resurrected !

Topic actions

Reply 480 of 881, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No, just realmode.

Last edited by ruthan on 2020-05-17, 19:57. Edited 1 time in total.

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 481 of 881, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here a new build to improve dumping of MSRs on IBM BL3. Also adds recognition of SLC2/3 and BL2/3 model based on actual ratio.
@ruthan: Please run this build with -d parameter and attach the HWINFO.DBG file it produced to analyze the issue.
[build pulled, newer available]

Last edited by Mumak on 2020-05-20, 08:28. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 482 of 881, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here is log.

Attachments

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 484 of 881, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No its still broken - CPU type is fine but, TDP is still reported with value 130W, i dunno if you are getting it from some HW registers, or you are just using some clever list with these values its wrong. Intel has on ARK 65W.

Other other issue, is that after is mane of MB reported.. it take at least 45s to print out rest of info, its quite a lot, it would be nice to show some progressbar or something like that, because otherwise some less patient user could easily lose patience and reset the system prematurely.

Reply 485 of 881, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ruthan wrote on 2020-05-17, 22:16:

No its still broken - CPU type is fine but, TDP is still reported with value 130W, i dunno if you are getting it from some HW registers, or you are just using some clever list with these values its wrong. Intel has on ARK 65W.

Other other issue, is that after is mane of MB reported.. it take at least 45s to print out rest of info, its quite a lot, it would be nice to show some progressbar or something like that, because otherwise some less patient user could easily lose patience and reset the system prematurely.

Can you please attach a new report file, so I can see the exact data?
Regarding the very long wait, that's not expected. Can you please take a screenshot where exactly it takes so long?

Reply 486 of 881, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

First menu option - Mainboard.., after MB name is printed.. is that long wait.

Reply 487 of 881, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ruthan wrote on 2020-05-17, 23:13:

First menu option - Mainboard.., after MB name is printed.. is that long wait.

I guess this is down to some strange behavior of the system PCI BIOS - it reports the system has 128 buses (which is not correct) and scanning them all takes so much time.

Reply 488 of 881, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I heard that these MBs have more than 1 PCI bus to bypass 133 MB/s .

Reply 489 of 881, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ruthan wrote on 2020-05-18, 10:05:

I heard that these MBs have more than 1 PCI bus to bypass 133 MB/s .

1,2,3 would be OK, but 128 is way more than really present 😀
If you can provide the new DBG file, I will check the problem with reporting TDP.

Reply 490 of 881, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I will, but it not my priority, so i could be in hour, or it could take a week..

Reply 491 of 881, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here's the latest HWiNFO on the IBM 486BL3. It shows the 3x multiplier.

Attachments

• Filename
    IBM_486BL3.rar
    File size
    5 KiB
    Downloads
    46 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 493 of 881, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here is new long, TDP is still reported 130W.

What about Sata drives detection crash?

Attachments

Reply 494 of 881, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Version 6.1.1 released:
- Added Debug Mode via -d command-line switch.
- Improved detection of IBM Blue Lightning CPUs.
- Improved detection of some 386/486 chipsets.
- Added reporting of supported/current AGP mode.
- Improved detection of some SiS graphics adapters.
- Improved L1/L2 cache detection.

I cannot edit the initial post anymore because of too many edits, so it's attached here.

Attachments

• Filename
    HWINF611.ZIP
    File size
    994.27 KiB
    Downloads
    138 downloads
    File license

Reply 495 of 881, by RayeR

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Tested on my i7 and:
* video detection improved, instead of VGA it shows NVidia unknown (1189) - it's GTX670
* video memory size detected 1GB instead of 2GB
* video mem.clk detected 8MHz
* superIO now detected OK as IT8728F
* missing ATAPI device (DVD) on SATA secondary master (HWI 6.0.5 show it but only sometimes)
* crash happen when do sequence: go to peripheral info, serial port enumeration (IRQs probed) go back, go to peripheral info again

Gigabyte GA-P67-DS3-B3, Core i7-2600K @4,5GHz, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, GTX970(GF7900GT), SB Audigy + YMF724F + DreamBlaster combo + LPC2ISA

Reply 496 of 881, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RayeR wrote on 2020-05-21, 02:28:
Tested on my i7 and: * video detection improved, instead of VGA it shows NVidia unknown (1189) - it's GTX670 * video memory size […]
Show full quote

Tested on my i7 and:
* video detection improved, instead of VGA it shows NVidia unknown (1189) - it's GTX670
* video memory size detected 1GB instead of 2GB
* video mem.clk detected 8MHz
* superIO now detected OK as IT8728F
* missing ATAPI device (DVD) on SATA secondary master (HWI 6.0.5 show it but only sometimes)
* crash happen when do sequence: go to peripheral info, serial port enumeration (IRQs probed) go back, go to peripheral info again

That GPU is too new for the DOS version and it's not possible to support it under DOS anyway. On Windows one needs to rely on NVIDIA APIs, which is not available under DOS.

Reply 497 of 881, by RayeR

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok I understand but how from where the mem size and clock came? Maybe rather not display that wrong values for unsupported HW. The clock could be read like nvclock do directly from MMIO but of course it's very specific for various chips and not documented for newer so it's beyond the scope of gereric hwinfo...

Gigabyte GA-P67-DS3-B3, Core i7-2600K @4,5GHz, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, GTX970(GF7900GT), SB Audigy + YMF724F + DreamBlaster combo + LPC2ISA

Reply 498 of 881, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RayeR wrote on 2020-05-21, 08:43:

Ok I understand but how from where the mem size and clock came? Maybe rather not display that wrong values for unsupported HW. The clock could be read like nvclock do directly from MMIO but of course it's very specific for various chips and not documented for newer so it's beyond the scope of gereric hwinfo...

Those came from using a method for previous generations, which can't be applied here. I will check how to remove that for later ones.

Reply 499 of 881, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here's the log and report files for the IBM 486BL3 using v6.1.1.

Attachments

• Filename
    486BL3.rar
    File size
    5.14 KiB
    Downloads
    43 downloads
    File license

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.