VOGONS

First post, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I know this is pushing the limits of old hardware, but I have a motherboard from around 2013 that I can't get to display any video upon bootup.

It's an Asrock FM2A88X-ITX+ with CPU and fan already installed. It came in a mixed lot of older tech, and I'd like to get it working.

Here's the product page: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A88X-ITX+/

It did not come with any memory, but I had a pair of 2GB DDR3 10600 sticks that the board supposedly supports.

I attached a PSU (and even tried a spare), connected the HDMI cable, and shorted the power jumper. The CPU fan spun on-- but no video.

I tried the VGA port and then a separate PCI-E video card but no video with either of those either.

I cleared the CMOS with the jumper.

I don't really work with motherboards less than 20 years old, 🤣, so is there something else I should be doing? It's possible that the CPU is dead, but I don't want to overlook anything obvious. Thanks!

Last edited by boxpressed on 2020-03-25, 03:37. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 3, by aha2940

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
boxpressed wrote on 2020-03-25, 03:35:
I know this is pushing the limits of old hardware, but I have a motherboard from around 2013 that I can't get to display any vid […]
Show full quote

I know this is pushing the limits of old hardware, but I have a motherboard from around 2013 that I can't get to display any video upon bootup.

It's an Asrock FM2A88X-ITX+ with CPU and fan already installed. It came in a mixed lot of older tech, and I'd like to get it working.

Here's the product page: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A88X-ITX+/

It did not come with any memory, but I had a pair of 2GB DDR3 10600 sticks that the board supposedly supports.

I attached a PSU (and even tried a spare), connected the HDMI cable, and shorted the power jumper. The CPU fan spun on-- but no video.

I tried the VGA port and then a separate PCI-E video card but no video with either of those either.

I cleared the CMOS with the jumper.

I don't really work with motherboards less than 20 years old, 🤣, so is there something else I should be doing? It's possible that the CPU is dead, but I don't want to overlook anything obvious. Thanks!

Any beeps from the speaker?