Reply 20 of 34, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Deksor wrote on 2020-04-02, 23:47:

@Cyclone3D 120GB ?
Huh, when I archive Aopen.nl I got only 96GB

How do you upload things to archive.org ? I keep having somthing that breaks after sending a couple of GB of data ...

I use 7-Zip and set the volume size per file and it creates a multi-part zip.

Pretty sure I did 4.5GB parts when I uploaded the sony vaio ftp archive.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 21 of 34, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
LewisRaz wrote on 2020-04-03, 00:03:

I got 142gb from the .ru

What OS and file system?

I'm on Windows 10. Drive was formatted with exFAT.
I used Filezilla to download the whole FTP in one go and it said that it downloaded everything.

I'm also going by total size of files, not space taken up on the drive... which can very quite a lot depending on file system and how large the cluster size is which would be chosen when you format the drive.

I'm showing 12,901 files in 3,876 folders

Last edited by cyclone3d on 2020-04-03, 00:17. Edited 1 time in total.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 22 of 34, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-04-03, 00:08:
Deksor wrote on 2020-04-02, 23:47:

@Cyclone3D 120GB ?
Huh, when I archive Aopen.nl I got only 96GB

How do you upload things to archive.org ? I keep having somthing that breaks after sending a couple of GB of data ...

I use 7-Zip and set the volume size per file and it creates a multi-part zip.

Pretty sure I did 4.5GB parts when I uploaded the sony vaio ftp archive.

I had issues with that as well, though I could go forward with the uploading at least (until the entire browser crashed which made me give up)

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 23 of 34, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Pretty sure when uploading a lot I have to only upload a few files at a time and then add some more and so on and so forth until it is finished.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 24 of 34, by SETBLASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

oh damn. im so sad. i got a buch of aopen stuff, even avsoundcard.

i hope you guys were able to make a full backup. its just horrible to have retro hardware and in the future not being able to download drivers and patches.

Reply 25 of 34, by AmiSapphire

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SETBLASTER wrote on 2020-04-04, 11:46:

i hope you guys were able to make a full backup. its just horrible to have retro hardware and in the future not being able to download drivers and patches.

A few people have mirrored the server (at least the server mirrors that had the older pub directories present) already, including me, so that's pretty much it for now. Since they still update their server in general, I'm not uploading it myself right now, however. (My original unfinished copy starts from October 2015, so the /pub/enduser/company/ directory path on mine has their old public company data present on there before its removal in 2018...)

Total size notes:
20200318 complete mirror update: 97.5GB / 90.8GiB
20200402 complete mirror update: 153.23GB / 142.98GiB

Site update: cwcyrix.duckdns.org -> cwcyrix.nsupdate.info due to the former no longer working.

Reply 26 of 34, by LewisRaz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I aswell as others have saved it. Hopefully anyone searching in future will find this thread and I will be happy to share the files.

My retro pc youtube channel
Twitter

Reply 27 of 34, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
AmiSapphire wrote on 2020-04-04, 13:19:
A few people have mirrored the server (at least the server mirrors that had the older pub directories present) already, includin […]
Show full quote

A few people have mirrored the server (at least the server mirrors that had the older pub directories present) already, including me, so that's pretty much it for now. Since they still update their server in general, I'm not uploading it myself right now, however. (My original unfinished copy starts from October 2015, so the /pub/enduser/company/ directory path on mine has their old public company data present on there before its removal in 2018...)

Total size notes:

Was there anything else removed in 2018 in regards to drivers, firmware, etc?

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 28 of 34, by Cga.8086

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hey guys im jumping also to make a full backup of the russian ftp just in case.

so im downloading the full /pub/ folder

what is the difference between pub01 , pub02 and pub03 ?? do those also contain retro hardware drivers?

Reply 29 of 34, by SETBLASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i will download it from archive.org if someone shares it.

it kind of sucks, because if you go over to http://asia.aopen.com/products_download.aspx?auno=294
last year it listed all the drivers (and sometimes had usefull information too for example a description, important data, to what OS it was ment for,etc )

now the page is just blank and not even on wayback machine you can see the original content of the site.

🙁

Reply 30 of 34, by AmiSapphire

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-04-04, 16:37:
AmiSapphire wrote on 2020-04-04, 13:19:
A few people have mirrored the server (at least the server mirrors that had the older pub directories present) already, includin […]
Show full quote

Total size notes:

Was there anything else removed in 2018 in regards to drivers, firmware, etc?

Nope, just the company stuff that I noticed.

Cga.8086 wrote on 2020-04-04, 20:14:

hey guys im jumping also to make a full backup of the russian ftp just in case.

so im downloading the full /pub/ folder

what is the difference between pub01 , pub02 and pub03 ?? do those also contain retro hardware drivers?

/pub/ has most of the 1990s and early 2000s files.
/pub01/ has a lot of the 2000s files.
/pub02/ has a few of the late 2000s and most of the 2010s files.
/pub03/ is the newer iteration of their section; lot of later 2010s to current files.

Site update: cwcyrix.duckdns.org -> cwcyrix.nsupdate.info due to the former no longer working.

Reply 31 of 34, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I am going to try and grab all the motherboard BIOS and Manuals off .ru in pub, pub01, pub02 and pub03. I notice Archive.org does not much Aopen stuff at all.

Edit: wsftp is throwing fits downloading from .ru so switched to filezilla but forgot to save original time stamps... oh well...

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 32 of 34, by chrisNova777

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

this really sucks - did anyone manage to salvage + create a mirror?
I NEED the .inf intel chipset drivers for windows 95/win98 First Edition
the driver package i have wont install on first edition, it wants second edition
meanwhile i have hardware/driver issue that doesnt like second edition.. figures eh?

https://global.aopen.com/Museum.aspx seems to be the root index
but yep no files load the way they used to the page never populates

Mirror Sites […]
Show full quote

Mirror Sites

Taiwan, Taipei
ftp://ftp.aopen.com.tw
ftp://asftp.aopen.com.tw

Netherlands
ftp://ftp.aopen.nl

USA, San Jose
ftp://ftp.aopen.com

Japan
ftp://ftp.aopen.co.jp

German
ftp://ftp.aopen.de

Russia
ftp://ftp.aopen.ru

all the ftps seem to have these 4-5 pub dirs now without a comprehensive index/sort you cant find the files ... if they are even there anymore! why would they do this.. i hope this wasnt intentional

http://www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage PC/MAC MIDI/DAW | Asus mobo archive | Sound Modules | Vintage MIDI Interfaces
AM386DX40 | Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 (486DX2-80) | GA586VX (p75) + r7000PCI | ABIT Be6 (pII-233) matroxG400 AGP

Reply 33 of 34, by chrisNova777

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ok i wrote to them via email and asked why they removed the files.. they acknowledged that the html front end is disconnected from the downloads by way of reccommending that i access the ftp site - they said that all the files are there.. i was going to respond adn say yea well what good is that when the file arent sorted in any comprehensible manner for most people to be able to decipher..

anyways i was able to get my system working after some hard work making driver floppy installers to get my usb + networking + drivers installed, but its all working perfectly now, what a nightmare that was... thanks to phil from philscomputerlab site posting the intel chipset installer.. that saved my bacon! thank you!

it doesnt make sense logically why they would want to have to spend time answering emails from angry vintage hardware geeks hahah rather then keep their existing system up? i hope it was an accident.. i guess no more AOPEN hardware for me in the future :x they make some nice stuff too what a shame

http://www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage PC/MAC MIDI/DAW | Asus mobo archive | Sound Modules | Vintage MIDI Interfaces
AM386DX40 | Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 (486DX2-80) | GA586VX (p75) + r7000PCI | ABIT Be6 (pII-233) matroxG400 AGP

Reply 34 of 34, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Per my earlier post: Back in April 2020 was able to get some stuff off their ru ftp, only about 20Gb but might have something for your board in that file set but the pickings back then were slim.
and Yes the folders have lots of names, like pub, pub01, pub02, etc with bios scattered all over 🤣
update: Looks like I have it on two diff drives so not sure what all is there....
You did not mention what board you have ...

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun