Startech PS2 Header from ebay pinout

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 21, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Joseph_Joestar wrote on 2021-05-26, 14:26:

A somewhat unorthodox idea came to me, but I'm not sure if it's feasible so I'd like to run it by you guys. What if I get some male to female jumper cables (i.e. such as these) and simply use them to hook up the connector to the corresponding pins on the motherboard (male end goes into the connector, female end to the motherboard pins).

Update: I have successfully used the aforementioned jumper cables to connect a generic PS2 mouse header to my M571 motherboard.

As long as you have the pinout for your motherboard's PS2 connector and a multimeter for continuity testing of your PS2 bracket, this can easily be accomplished with jumper cables. No need to rewire the plug with this approach.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 21 of 21, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Though everybody knows the trick of these little IDC connectors right? If you can see the connector through little slits in the side of the plastic housing, you can get your smallest jewellers screwdriver, push on that, which is a spring locking tab, and pull the connector out of the shell. Then you "fluff up" the locking tab, in case you've bent it too far down. Then you can do same for all the rest and insert them how you like. Molexes work a bit like this too, but you have to do down alongside the pin to unclip them.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.