VOGONS

First post, by CrFr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got this machine, and on power on it gives me the error code 00370200 0000. I googled it, and it seems like the internet hasn't even heard of it. Does anyone happen to know what causes it? It doesn't go any further than this. I tried with reference disk in drive and tried all the keys, nothing happens. I also swapped new battery, but it didn't help.

edit: Tried single memory stick at a time, no change. Power supply seems to work perfectly. Clean 12,09V and 5,10V output.

Reply 1 of 2, by mattw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have the exact same question about that error. However, in my case, after showing that same error my PS/2 model 8556 proceeds with counting the RAM and even attempts to boot, but I have no working floppy:

Help IBM PS/2 model 8556 wiring 1.44MB floppy

So, I think even we see the same error, in your case something more is wrong, because you get nothing further.

Reply 2 of 2, by mattw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@SSTV2 helped me solve this error:

A quick online search pointed me to this page: https://ardent-tool.com/trouble/SCSI_Errors.html and error itself can be broken d […]
Show full quote

A quick online search pointed me to this page:
https://ardent-tool.com/trouble/SCSI_Errors.html
and error itself can be broken down to:

0037 - SCSI on the System board;
0200 0000 - Configuration error. No hard disk found at PUN 6, LUN 0 for 161, 162, 165 system error path. Might be an unsupported configuration.

essentially, it needed to set the SCSI ID of my hard-drive to 6 (I was using SCSI hard drive that by default has the SCSI ID set to 0). Of course, you need to use the "Reference Diskette" to create IML ("Initial Microcode Load") region on that HDD. Basically, IBM use the last 3MB of the HDD to store there portion of the BIOS. I don't remember which menu was in the "Reference Diskette" that creates the IML region, because I've done it once in my life, but it's there - it will delete everything on the HDD. So, after IML region is created you need to install the OS and your data.