VOGONS

First post, by CJ Grass

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
today I looked at my SB and comparing it with CT3600 pictures on the internet, it turns out that several elements are missing.
Missing resistor ladder at PR1 PR2 and IDE interface.
PR1 and PR2 are 9 pins. Can you tell me what resistors are missing and why the card works properly without them? 😀
I want to add the missing parts and solder them.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 3, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

seeing as they're next to the IDE plug they're probably part of that, your card is also missing an OPL3 and accompanying DAC and still works anyways (with CQM) :p
not all features on every card or board are always populated, and not every component is needed to make it perform it's main function.

to make the IDE work you would probnably need to add the missing LS244 chip (on the right in the bottom photo) and a few SMD caps too , can't help you with values, sorry.
do you really need the IDE on the card anyways?

de-CQMing the card and adding an OPL3 would be a far more fulfilling endeavour.

Reply 2 of 3, by CJ Grass

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

These are the differences I notice. Visible tinkering only with ladders and port ide. The rest looks factory.
Why in this case there are sockets like aux1 and aux2 on my card and there are no such sockets in another ct3600, in the same way I have a jumper next to memory banks and on other ct3600 there are none?

Attachments

Reply 3 of 3, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

the bottom card does not have on board memory, hence the memory jumper below the simms is also missing, the other card does not have an IDE interface
they're just different variants of the same card, nothing odd going on here.