VOGONS

First post, by alienmannequin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

'Afternoon all,

I would appreciate assistance in colour-matching the interior paint of my build, which is completely wrecked. It is an IBM PC. Not all parts are naturally coloured the same, but I'd be happy with a gloss finish that matched.

A number of different colours stuck out, and I viewed them on a number of different screen. However, my choice ended up being not right - I chose "N24 - Silver Grey". Searched for recommendations for many hours, but really none of them converted to AS2700 very well. I reached out to the vendor of the paint, as well as a number of others, without result.

I have taken a few photos (my camera isn't too great) of the N24 Silver Grey Finish (lighter product) and the colour I'm hoping to achieve, under different lighting conditions.

1.jpg
Above- inside, natural light. Left - N24, right - original
2.jpg
Above - desired Colour - Inside - Natural light

3.jpg
Above - desired Colour - Outside, midday - direct sunlight

It must be a paint that can be produced in Australian Standard AS2700, given my place of residence - one could use the following website to make this conversion ( I have input one of my guesses from Sherwin-williams - downloaded the smartphone app and tried to colour match it):

https://encycolorpedia.com/paints?color=b0b5b5

Perhaps someone with knowledge of the Greeny-Bluey-Grey that these '90s PCs came with would be able to point me in the right direction, or perhaps someone who has gone through the same journey & has a better calibrated screen to see the difference between the paint colour that was chosen, and the desired colour.

Thanks in advance