VOGONS

First post, by Roland30

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello , i own an Olivetti M280 near mint condition , and i dont have a monitor ...
I have the original Olivetti monitor cable ( its a DB25 Male to DB25 female connector cable )
So basicalli i want to use the original cable with a Mitsubishi AUM-1381A monitor .
This monitor is awsome because its kinda smart , it has RGB analogic , digital signal ( TTL ) good for old CGA/EGA.
So i want to use this monitor , my problem is that i can plug one end of the DB25 connector in to the computer , but the other end i cant , you can tell from the pictures why
Oh another thing , the computer is working perfectly , tested with an original Olivetti monitor ( OLIVETTI MD12A/4009 ) , i dont have the original DB9 keyboard for it but i think i can adapt one for it , but thats for later ...
So is there basically anyone who has a knowledge about these pc-s and how can that monitor be adapted ?
Thankyou !

Attachments

Reply 1 of 2, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nice machine ! Sorry cannot help about the video cable. Hope someone can help figure it out but something you should know is that Olivetti were also ATT and they never performed as well as any equal clone or equal IBM model. Not sure why they decided to use a bastard video connector. Reminds me of Apple doing same thing way back..

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun