VOGONS

First post, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Does anyone know how to set the FSB to 66Mhz on HP Vectra Vei8 PCs with Sherwood-B motherboards?

A “CPU Frequency Jumper” block is located on J14 and the manual states a CPU will come with a matching shunt if needed but that is all I could find on it.

Being a 440ZX board it should be possible to set this to 66MHz FSB but I can not figure out thia undocumented setting.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 1 of 3, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
appiah4 wrote on 2020-09-30, 18:45:

Does anyone know how to set the FSB to 66Mhz on HP Vectra Vei8 PCs with Sherwood-B motherboards?

A “CPU Frequency Jumper” block is located on J14 and the manual states a CPU will come with a matching shunt if needed but that is all I could find on it.

Being a 440ZX board it should be possible to set this to 66MHz FSB but I can not figure out thia undocumented setting.

Assuming Slot 1, on mine its silkscreened above the memory slots

VectraVEi8_MB CPU Settings (J14).jpg
Filename
File size
163.56 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 3, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2020-09-30, 23:55:
appiah4 wrote on 2020-09-30, 18:45:

Assuming Slot 1, on mine its silkscreened above the memory slots

Aren't those just the multiplier jumpers, not FSB?

I would expect OEM boards like this to 'autodetect' FSB via BSEL0 and BSEL1 pins on the CPU. Both should be pulled low for 66MHz.