VOGONS

First post, by Bancho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi All,

I recently managed to get a Supermicro PIIIDR3 V1.1 i840 Motherboard and would like this to be my next project. The board works fine (tested with 2 500mhz P3's). Some of the caps are bulging so these will be replaced. My question is around using S370 cpu's in Slokets. I have a pair of nice 850mhz (SL4Z2) CPU's I would like to use at potentially 133mhz fsb. I have a pair of standard Slokets but as is to be expected, I tried them in the board and it will not post. Does anyone know if there are any recommended Slokets which will give me the opportunity to run the 850's?

When it comes to Dual P3's I'm pretty much a noob, but i can see a potential awesome system around this board.

Please chime in with any thoughts and advice. Cheers!

GWsWPtLl.jpg
iZYoQijl.jpg

Reply 1 of 2, by brt02

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You will need to modify the slockets to work dual coppermines - not sure about the exact process though

silvercr has done so with MS6905 slockets, see his thread here: Outrigger: an ongoing adventure with the OR840]

EDIT: the mods on that thread go a little further than you need as it details SMP and tualatin mods for the 6905. This post might also be useful to you: https://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.periphs. … LtwMcgNog?pli=1

Intel OR840 | Dual P3 1GHz - 1GB PC800 RDRAM - ATI Radeon 9800 Pro - Creative Audigy 2ZS - Lian Li PC-65 - W98/W2K