VOGONS

Atx form cards

Topic actions

First post, by for_coffee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
Does anyone from Australia have one of these cards that they would be willing to sell? I am located in Melbourne.
Cheers Noah

Attachments

Reply 1 of 44, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hey dude! The site owner does not allow sales topics here. Sadly this is only communicated here: VOGONS is no marketplace! but not in the site's rules page so there's regular confusion about this.
Since those cards are specific to their motherboards and afaik there's no common standard you will have a hard time tracking down the right one anyway. However you could try to design your own if you can figure out the pinout on your motherboard. I guess the design for such a card is very simple.

Reply 2 of 44, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've got one of these in a PCChips M573. The board came without it and I had to buy it separately from a guy in the U.S. There's a diagram of the pinouts here:

https://www.interloper.com/products/details.p … =101688&cat=141

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 3 of 44, by for_coffee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the replies,
The same thing happened to me I found an m573 that came with everything but the form card and I'm not sure what I can do with it without the card, any ideas?

Reply 4 of 44, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Without the card you're stuck using a serial mouse with your computer, most of which are 20+ years old and unpleasant to use.

ETA: That's for DOS. If you're running Windows you may be able to get a PCI USB card to work.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 5 of 44, by for_coffee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a PCI usb card coming from eBay but what do I do about drivers for the card if I don't have any peripherals to use with the machine?
Will I be able to use it without them?

Reply 6 of 44, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've never got USB working with Windows 95. You'll have to ask someone else about that. (It's not enough to get the card running in Windows, you also have to find drivers for your devices, and I don't think Microsoft ever released USB mouse drivers for Windows 95)

Windows 98/Me should be fairly straightforward. They support USB mice out of the box.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 8 of 44, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The USB option in BIOS is for the integrated USB controller, which you cannot use because you don't have the ATX Form Card. Forget about it unless you can obtain the card.

What OS are you planning to install and what PCI card are you going to use?

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 9 of 44, by for_coffee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am going to install windows 98 se on the machine and this is the card I am using its just some generic card off eBay for 7 bucks.

Attachments

Reply 10 of 44, by for_coffee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is another picture I found

Attachments

Reply 14 of 44, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You will need to get an AT keyboard, or a PS/2 to AT keyboard adaptor. You will need this anyway even if you get a USB keyboard working, because you can't get into BIOS with a USB keyboard.

Does your computer have a CD-ROM drive? The simplest thing would be to download all necessary drivers on another computer and burn them on a CD-R. This will save time next time you need to install Windows on the machine.

Is this too much voodoo?