VOGONS

First post, by keenerb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can't find a lot of info on this rom, and it's not in my minipro chip supported list.

Any suggestions as to what I can use to read this chip? It's the ROM of a fairly rare system it seems, I'd like to archive it for posterity.

Reply 1 of 8, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
keenerb wrote on 2020-10-18, 19:16:

Can't find a lot of info on this rom, and it's not in my minipro chip supported list.

Any suggestions as to what I can use to read this chip? It's the ROM of a fairly rare system it seems, I'd like to archive it for posterity.

It is a Samsung 128KX8, CMOS, DIP32 and the datasheet is out there but does not give much info as to what it compatible with or comparable to 🙁
Do you have a PCI NIC with a 32pin rom socket ? If so you could try NSSI or other software ROM reading utility.....

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 8, by mkarcher

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Horun wrote on 2020-10-18, 21:07:
keenerb wrote on 2020-10-18, 19:16:

It is a Samsung 128KX8, CMOS, DIP32 and the datasheet is out there but does not give much info as to what it compatible with or comparable to 🙁

The datasheet quite clearly says "JEDEC standard", which means this chip is compatible with nearly any other 128K x 8 DIP32 EPROM, EEPROM or Flash ROM, like e.g. the Winbond 29ee011 Flash ROM or the ST 27C1001 EPROM. I guess that winbond chip is supported by the minipro. If you can convince the minipro to read the chip like a 29ee011 even if it does not respond to an ID command, you have the dump.

Reply 6 of 8, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Could you post a copy of the image file here, for anyone else who may need it?

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 8 of 8, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Cool, thanks

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.