VOGONS

First post, by egbertjan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a problem with this trident tvga 9000b In my 4086 dx266mhz with 16 mb ram. Sometimes when I turn on the PC the image is monochrome. who knows what causes this problem?

20201024_170820.jpg
Filename
20201024_170820.jpg
File size
1.6 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Who might also what the jumpers are for on this map?

Reply 1 of 6, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's getting bad... or some incompatibility.

Try cleaning the contacts on the card (ISA). Does it display BW at boot - does it show Trident logo in BW?

PS:
Unless you like watching slideshows... replace it with something else. Maybe your motherboard can take VLB or PCI cards. That is huge improvement in performance and image quality.

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 3 of 6, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Problems with 8-bit TVGA9000 based ISA video card

Żywotwór planetarny, jego gnijące błoto, jest świtem egzystencji, fazą wstępną, i wyłoni się z krwawych ciastomózgowych miedź miłująca...

Reply 4 of 6, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've had it happening before to me.

I never 100% checked it, but from what I've been told, it's because a pin on the VGA port changed functionality during the 90's.

Before that, it was used to tell if the monitor is monochrome or color. Then it was used to identify the monitor to the computer. So if you connect a "modern" CRT or a flat panel monitor, you'll get this glitch from time to time ... To solve this, I think you need to cut remove that pin from the cable.

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 5 of 6, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I never (rarely) got a Trident 9000 to work, either. 🙁
Had got several 8900s that worked fine, though.

Edit: Re: Newer CRT On Pentium WIN95 PC... Anything I Need To Know?

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//